Whole Hog 3PC For MAC !!

How many of you guys think having Hog PC for Mac is a good idea? Leave your comments and Ideas !
Parents
  • Aside from the visualiser issues, from a programming standpoint, I question why there is a need for Hog PC for a Mac. An expensive truth is that most current Macs can run Windows, switching back and forth is easy, and then the mac can be used as a console or a remote. Furthermore, you can buy a laptop which will run HogPC for less than that cost of the Windows software. For example, last summer we ran 9 universes of movers and conventionals, 2 Hog3 consoles and a tablet for focusing off an 1.6 GHz Intel Celeron laptop with 736MB (not GB) of RAM as a server. During programming, we did everything we could to make the rig go down and it did not crash. That laptop is almost 6 years old.

I think there are other pressing issues, like the implementation of macros, etc. I mean, how many years did we wait for a "mark" feature?

I've been a Mac user since 1986, I know what I prefer. But emotions aside, what really are the compelling arguments for a Mac version? Sure it'd be nice to have it in a nice familiar interface, but aside from that, what would be gained by all the effort and (probably fairly rocky) road to implementation?

PS:iPhone/iPod Touch remote, works just fine with the HogPC, thanks to Jon Griffin and Scott Barnes....hope they don't mind me calling them out...
    www.housetohalf.net/iphone/iPhone/iPhone.html
  • Aside from the visualiser issues, from a programming standpoint, I question why there is a need for Hog PC for a Mac. An expensive truth is that most current Macs can run Windows, switching back and forth is easy, and then the mac can be used as a console or a remote. Furthermore, you can buy a laptop which will run HogPC for less than that cost of the Windows software. For example, last summer we ran 9 universes of movers and conventionals, 2 Hog3 consoles and a tablet for focusing off an 1.6 GHz Intel Celeron laptop with 736MB (not GB) of RAM as a server. During programming, we did everything we could to make the rig go down and it did not crash. That laptop is almost 6 years old.

I think there are other pressing issues, like the implementation of macros, etc. I mean, how many years did we wait for a "mark" feature?

I've been a Mac user since 1986, I know what I prefer. But emotions aside, what really are the compelling arguments for a Mac version? Sure it'd be nice to have it in a nice familiar interface, but aside from that, what would be gained by all the effort and (probably fairly rocky) road to implementation?

PS:iPhone/iPod Touch remote, works just fine with the HogPC, thanks to Jon Griffin and Scott Barnes....hope they don't mind me calling them out...
    www.housetohalf.net/iphone/iPhone/iPhone.html
Children
No Data
Related