Whole Hog 3PC For MAC !!

How many of you guys think having Hog PC for Mac is a good idea? Leave your comments and Ideas !
Parents
  • [QUOTE=JeffM]Many of us can see the MAC as being a very nice computer, but the cost of the MAC vs PC is why I have never went the way of a MAC. I can have 2 PC's to every 1 MAC dollar wise.

Well, with the Mac, you can have a fully functional PC with Bootcamp. So, you actually get 2 full working computers. I use my MacBookPro ALL the time for both Windows and Mac. Windows side for Hog3PC, Wysiwyg, GMa OnPC, etc. No issues at all.

[QUOTE=JeffM]I sold a single widget to a friend who has a MAC. He has no wings and when he uses the front panel encoder wheels with the mouse, there are problems getting them to work correctly. So unless you have a program wing, your pretty much SOL on the MAC.

There must be something setup wrong then. As I said above, I use my Mac for programming Hog3PC 5-7 days per week with NO issues.

[QUOTE=JeffM]High End has their plate full of unfinished and incomplete projects that need their attention way before they worry about another operating system for the MAC.

Agreed...

[QUOTE=JeffM]Let's see them finish the fixture builder.
    How about a remote focus application for Windows XP/Vista? Windows 7 for HOG 3PC and for the consoles?
    Who cares about an Iphone App? I am with Sprint and cannot use an Iphone anyway. I have a blackberry.
    How about fixing the bugs we have in the consoles operating system before creating new features and more stuff to trouble shoot?

Again...agreed

[QUOTE=JeffM]How about making the Axon work like it should even 95% of the time?

What doesn't work on the Axon for you? I use Axon's and DL's 5-7 days per week and it's never had an issue. I'm curious as to what you're having problems with.

[QUOTE=JeffM]Maybe if High End would stop wasting money manufacturing the Studio Color 575 fixture(dead horse that knowone is buying) there would be resources available to finish some projects. Oh and we really needed another 100lb mirror fixture again......NOT!
    LED fixtures with media servers built in them is another brilliant waste of time and money that could be better used.

I have to disagree with you here. The Studio Color is a definite workhorse. We own quite a few (and just purchased more). Show me another fixture that does color mixing, runs on 110v and is convection cooled (this is the reason we have VL1000's, Studio Colors and Studio Spot CMY Zooms). We had to have NO FANS.
    Cyber 2.0 is a great fixture when you have either trim issues or sway issues (I have a few places where I can't use a moving head because of the truss sway...and yes, I've seen the RSC Light Lock)
    Same with StudioPix/Showpix. I use them a lot for daytime shows that want eye-candy and lo-res video.
  • [QUOTE=JeffM]Many of us can see the MAC as being a very nice computer, but the cost of the MAC vs PC is why I have never went the way of a MAC. I can have 2 PC's to every 1 MAC dollar wise.

Well, with the Mac, you can have a fully functional PC with Bootcamp. So, you actually get 2 full working computers. I use my MacBookPro ALL the time for both Windows and Mac. Windows side for Hog3PC, Wysiwyg, GMa OnPC, etc. No issues at all.

[QUOTE=JeffM]I sold a single widget to a friend who has a MAC. He has no wings and when he uses the front panel encoder wheels with the mouse, there are problems getting them to work correctly. So unless you have a program wing, your pretty much SOL on the MAC.

There must be something setup wrong then. As I said above, I use my Mac for programming Hog3PC 5-7 days per week with NO issues.

[QUOTE=JeffM]High End has their plate full of unfinished and incomplete projects that need their attention way before they worry about another operating system for the MAC.

Agreed...

[QUOTE=JeffM]Let's see them finish the fixture builder.
    How about a remote focus application for Windows XP/Vista? Windows 7 for HOG 3PC and for the consoles?
    Who cares about an Iphone App? I am with Sprint and cannot use an Iphone anyway. I have a blackberry.
    How about fixing the bugs we have in the consoles operating system before creating new features and more stuff to trouble shoot?

Again...agreed

[QUOTE=JeffM]How about making the Axon work like it should even 95% of the time?

What doesn't work on the Axon for you? I use Axon's and DL's 5-7 days per week and it's never had an issue. I'm curious as to what you're having problems with.

[QUOTE=JeffM]Maybe if High End would stop wasting money manufacturing the Studio Color 575 fixture(dead horse that knowone is buying) there would be resources available to finish some projects. Oh and we really needed another 100lb mirror fixture again......NOT!
    LED fixtures with media servers built in them is another brilliant waste of time and money that could be better used.

I have to disagree with you here. The Studio Color is a definite workhorse. We own quite a few (and just purchased more). Show me another fixture that does color mixing, runs on 110v and is convection cooled (this is the reason we have VL1000's, Studio Colors and Studio Spot CMY Zooms). We had to have NO FANS.
    Cyber 2.0 is a great fixture when you have either trim issues or sway issues (I have a few places where I can't use a moving head because of the truss sway...and yes, I've seen the RSC Light Lock)
    Same with StudioPix/Showpix. I use them a lot for daytime shows that want eye-candy and lo-res video.
Children
No Data
Related