Whole Hog 3PC For MAC !!

How many of you guys think having Hog PC for Mac is a good idea? Leave your comments and Ideas !
Parents
  • No doubt that the studio color is a solid work horse in that is works and works with minimal problems ever. As far as studio spots, yes, very dependable units.
    Now here are the flaws. studio color: loud pan/tilt belt noise. Way louder than the fans would be. Start mixing colors on the studio color and get several different shades of blue, magenta, and yellow between fixtures. Also has no zoom and noisy strobe function. Studio beam blows the studio color away. Lighter, faster brighter and quieter!
    And yes, I use these fixtures often. Studio Spot just has not light output. Not bright enough. Sad when a technobeam is just as bright at 250W as the studio spot is at 575w.
    Axon servers work great when they are booted up and running. It's the 25% of the time when they will not boot up at all, then your resetting them and playing the waiting game for them to correct themselves. Same problem in the DL 2 & 3. Same servers. Or the occasional time when you walk away from the system for a while to set up another room leaving it running, and return to find it locked up. Real nice.
    And yes, I use them all the the time also. I own Axons myself.
    I have yet to get a client that wants to piss away enough money to rent a studio or show pix nor have I seen any good use for the over priced/designed fixtures. I love a moving mirror and own technobeams. If they weighed 100lbs and took up 4 ft of truss, I would not have any! I also do my own fixture repair and do so for many other companies that own moving lights. I have repaired more studio colors than I can remember. The dichroics in those lights are terrible.
  • No doubt that the studio color is a solid work horse in that is works and works with minimal problems ever. As far as studio spots, yes, very dependable units.
    Now here are the flaws. studio color: loud pan/tilt belt noise. Way louder than the fans would be. Start mixing colors on the studio color and get several different shades of blue, magenta, and yellow between fixtures. Also has no zoom and noisy strobe function. Studio beam blows the studio color away. Lighter, faster brighter and quieter!
    And yes, I use these fixtures often. Studio Spot just has not light output. Not bright enough. Sad when a technobeam is just as bright at 250W as the studio spot is at 575w.
    Axon servers work great when they are booted up and running. It's the 25% of the time when they will not boot up at all, then your resetting them and playing the waiting game for them to correct themselves. Same problem in the DL 2 & 3. Same servers. Or the occasional time when you walk away from the system for a while to set up another room leaving it running, and return to find it locked up. Real nice.
    And yes, I use them all the the time also. I own Axons myself.
    I have yet to get a client that wants to piss away enough money to rent a studio or show pix nor have I seen any good use for the over priced/designed fixtures. I love a moving mirror and own technobeams. If they weighed 100lbs and took up 4 ft of truss, I would not have any! I also do my own fixture repair and do so for many other companies that own moving lights. I have repaired more studio colors than I can remember. The dichroics in those lights are terrible.
Children
No Data
Related