Auto-Label Palettes

Hi, not sure if this has been requested before or not, but it would be great to have an option to automatically insert a I,P,C,F (for Intensity, Position, Etc.) before a newly created palette along with the number of the palette before a custom name that the user would enter. Additionally if you were to move a palette from say position 1 to 2, this number would auto-update.

I frequently do this manually to be able to quickly reference what palette a particular fixture is in from the programmer/output, etc.

Having the ability for the console to do this automatically would be a huge timesaver.

Thanks
Eric
Parents
  • Eric,

Your request is already somewhat implemented...

If you go to Setup->Preferences and then the "Default Naming" tab you will see where you can change the default name of many items. Here you can add a "P" before the "&D &N" or change the "&D" to a "P" or whatever you wish. This will then add your custom annotation to the default labeling. As you move the palette around the number does update when you use the "&N" label type.

However if I read correctly then you also want to be able to add your own custom label per instance, yet keep the &N designation so that when you move it will auto-update the number. While this is not automatically done, you can still use the "&N" designator when custom labeling. For example if you enter "P &N Center Stage" it will be labeled "P 5 Center Stage". Then when you move this palette, the number will auto-update.

I hope this helps..
  • Eric,

Your request is already somewhat implemented...

If you go to Setup->Preferences and then the "Default Naming" tab you will see where you can change the default name of many items. Here you can add a "P" before the "&D &N" or change the "&D" to a "P" or whatever you wish. This will then add your custom annotation to the default labeling. As you move the palette around the number does update when you use the "&N" label type.

However if I read correctly then you also want to be able to add your own custom label per instance, yet keep the &N designation so that when you move it will auto-update the number. While this is not automatically done, you can still use the "&N" designator when custom labeling. For example if you enter "P &N Center Stage" it will be labeled "P 5 Center Stage". Then when you move this palette, the number will auto-update.

I hope this helps..
Children
No Data
Related