Auto-Label Palettes

Hi, not sure if this has been requested before or not, but it would be great to have an option to automatically insert a I,P,C,F (for Intensity, Position, Etc.) before a newly created palette along with the number of the palette before a custom name that the user would enter. Additionally if you were to move a palette from say position 1 to 2, this number would auto-update.

I frequently do this manually to be able to quickly reference what palette a particular fixture is in from the programmer/output, etc.

Having the ability for the console to do this automatically would be a huge timesaver.

Thanks
Eric
Parents
  • Hi Brad,

Thanks for this info, Default Naming isn't an area I was very familiar with and your explanation helped out a lot. I'd be interested in the ability to take this one step further, to have the ability to keep the &N dynamic labeling but not have to type it.

In other words, to have the settings that are set up in "Default Naming" applied along with my custom name and not overridden by it. Typing in "P &N" before my label does exactly what I'm looking for, but it would be great to have a setting where this was inserted automatically and remained dynamic.

Definitely not a very high priority in my mind, but it would save some time in recording palettes.

Thanks,
    Eric
  • Hi Brad,

Thanks for this info, Default Naming isn't an area I was very familiar with and your explanation helped out a lot. I'd be interested in the ability to take this one step further, to have the ability to keep the &N dynamic labeling but not have to type it.

In other words, to have the settings that are set up in "Default Naming" applied along with my custom name and not overridden by it. Typing in "P &N" before my label does exactly what I'm looking for, but it would be great to have a setting where this was inserted automatically and remained dynamic.

Definitely not a very high priority in my mind, but it would save some time in recording palettes.

Thanks,
    Eric
Children
No Data
Related