Auto-Label Palettes

Hi, not sure if this has been requested before or not, but it would be great to have an option to automatically insert a I,P,C,F (for Intensity, Position, Etc.) before a newly created palette along with the number of the palette before a custom name that the user would enter. Additionally if you were to move a palette from say position 1 to 2, this number would auto-update.

I frequently do this manually to be able to quickly reference what palette a particular fixture is in from the programmer/output, etc.

Having the ability for the console to do this automatically would be a huge timesaver.

Thanks
Eric
Parents
  • Hi Brad,

Is it possible to have what all the code word definitions appear right on the Default Naming page?

I tried to look it up in the manual what the codes mean and in the index, there is no entry for "Default Naming," "User Preferences->Default Naming," "Naming"

I pulled up the PDF and searched the manual and found it eventually.
    (side note: how do I search the manual from the console?)

Also, is there an code that I can put in to have a group display the channel number if there is only one channel Recorded?

Like "%c" for group
    with Channel 375 recorded
    would produce label "375"

For groups that are recorded with more than one channel would just default to another group name.

So I could see this implemented as

Group: enter codes
    Group Single Channel: enter codes

Thanks
    -Ben
    (maybe this belongs in the requests thread)
  • Hi Brad,

Is it possible to have what all the code word definitions appear right on the Default Naming page?

I tried to look it up in the manual what the codes mean and in the index, there is no entry for "Default Naming," "User Preferences->Default Naming," "Naming"

I pulled up the PDF and searched the manual and found it eventually.
    (side note: how do I search the manual from the console?)

Also, is there an code that I can put in to have a group display the channel number if there is only one channel Recorded?

Like "%c" for group
    with Channel 375 recorded
    would produce label "375"

For groups that are recorded with more than one channel would just default to another group name.

So I could see this implemented as

Group: enter codes
    Group Single Channel: enter codes

Thanks
    -Ben
    (maybe this belongs in the requests thread)
Children
No Data
Related