Tablet Backup Anyone

Are any of you running Hog 3 PC on a tablet and backing up your console with it?

If so what is your configuration? Are you connecting through a wireless router? Do you experience network slowdown throught the wireless setup. Are you able to run the rig with the tablet and how does it work for you?

thanks for your time.
Parents
  • I run H3PC frequently as a client on a tablet.....I rarely do a show without it these days.

I do connect via a wireless router, but I do not allow the router to assign IPs via DHCP....I let the console do that.....this way if the router goes down or is disconnected, it will only affect wireless clients and not the main show/desk.

There have been improvements to the behavior of clients over the last few builds, and I expect to see even more to come.....overall it handles as I would expect it to....a tiny bit slower, but not really noticable for things like focus and checking cues, palettes, etc.

I really don't do network backup at all with my tablet....I pretty much stick to external media (Zip, CD-R, USB, etc...) still for backups.

Hope this helps. :)
  • I run H3PC frequently as a client on a tablet.....I rarely do a show without it these days.

I do connect via a wireless router, but I do not allow the router to assign IPs via DHCP....I let the console do that.....this way if the router goes down or is disconnected, it will only affect wireless clients and not the main show/desk.

There have been improvements to the behavior of clients over the last few builds, and I expect to see even more to come.....overall it handles as I would expect it to....a tiny bit slower, but not really noticable for things like focus and checking cues, palettes, etc.

I really don't do network backup at all with my tablet....I pretty much stick to external media (Zip, CD-R, USB, etc...) still for backups.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related