Tablet Backup Anyone

Are any of you running Hog 3 PC on a tablet and backing up your console with it?

If so what is your configuration? Are you connecting through a wireless router? Do you experience network slowdown throught the wireless setup. Are you able to run the rig with the tablet and how does it work for you?

thanks for your time.
Parents
  • [quote=meatpopsicle;40565]Actually, let me be clearer. I don't mean do you back up your show on the desk to media on the client. I mean do you run your tablet as a back up to the console in a show situation. If the main console goes down the tablet, running Hog 3pc, can take over.

In theory you could do that... but I wouldnt. Wireless (which is what the tablet usually is) should not be handling show critical data. Thats asking for trouble.

If you really wanted to... The tablet would have to be running the same show, but also as a server and connected to the desk via midi to do tracking backup. You would also need another set of DPs and a DNX switcher. It is not like the MA network tracking backup. We dont have that yet.

Best,
  • [quote=meatpopsicle;40565]Actually, let me be clearer. I don't mean do you back up your show on the desk to media on the client. I mean do you run your tablet as a back up to the console in a show situation. If the main console goes down the tablet, running Hog 3pc, can take over.

In theory you could do that... but I wouldnt. Wireless (which is what the tablet usually is) should not be handling show critical data. Thats asking for trouble.

If you really wanted to... The tablet would have to be running the same show, but also as a server and connected to the desk via midi to do tracking backup. You would also need another set of DPs and a DNX switcher. It is not like the MA network tracking backup. We dont have that yet.

Best,
Children
No Data
Related