Tablet Backup Anyone

Are any of you running Hog 3 PC on a tablet and backing up your console with it?

If so what is your configuration? Are you connecting through a wireless router? Do you experience network slowdown throught the wireless setup. Are you able to run the rig with the tablet and how does it work for you?

thanks for your time.
Parents
  • E.I.

It is not possible to have a secondary server console take over via network if the primary goes down. On H3 systems if the primary/server console goes down, it will take the whole network with it.

So for a truely backed up console you need 2 complete systems with DMX A/B switching, and if you want it to be a tracking backup you will also need a MIDI cable to link the two.

I agree with Joe in that using any wireless system for show-critical applications is a very bad idea in general.

Hope this helps. :)
  • E.I.

It is not possible to have a secondary server console take over via network if the primary goes down. On H3 systems if the primary/server console goes down, it will take the whole network with it.

So for a truely backed up console you need 2 complete systems with DMX A/B switching, and if you want it to be a tracking backup you will also need a MIDI cable to link the two.

I agree with Joe in that using any wireless system for show-critical applications is a very bad idea in general.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related