Keyboard mapping encoders in H3PC

I'd love to see this come about sooner rather than later. I've been using a macro utility for windows, but it's based on screen position, so everytime I accidentally move the window, even by a few pixels, it screws up the macro. It'd save me the effort of taking my wing down to stage everytime i want to focus (as my touch screen is impossible to nail down, and trying to use the trackpad is just as annoying)

F1, F2, F3, F4, with Shift, Ctrl, and Alt, would be great ;-)
Parents
  • Brad, a related suggestion.

I was recently using a Strand Preset Palette. By pressing different function keys, the scroll wheel on the mouse became an encoder. In position mode, if you held F2 or F3 the scroll wheel controlled Pan and Tilt. In beam mode, F2 with the scroll wheel was focus and F4 was iris.

I'm not suggesting a direct copy, of course. There is a "hog way" of doing things. But the scroll wheel is a versatile piece of equipment that's included with every PC shipped in the past five years. I strongly encourage HES to capitalize on it.
  • Brad, a related suggestion.

I was recently using a Strand Preset Palette. By pressing different function keys, the scroll wheel on the mouse became an encoder. In position mode, if you held F2 or F3 the scroll wheel controlled Pan and Tilt. In beam mode, F2 with the scroll wheel was focus and F4 was iris.

I'm not suggesting a direct copy, of course. There is a "hog way" of doing things. But the scroll wheel is a versatile piece of equipment that's included with every PC shipped in the past five years. I strongly encourage HES to capitalize on it.
Children
No Data
Related