can't get widget to install

Hi guys, i am using a samsung netbook and a 17" elo touchscreen running XP home for my HogPc setup but i can't get the widget to install, i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling hogpc including the older hog2pc release also many reboots but i still can't seem to get it to recognise the widget even if i point it to the windows/inf folder.

does anyone have any ideas?
Parents
  • When you first connect a USB widget to a computer, it will try and load two different drivers. The first one will say something like "DMX Widget (loading)", followed by "DMX widget".

The drivers should install, and you should see it show up under "Flying Pig Systems devices in the Windows Device Manager (Start: Run:type in "devmgmt.msc", press enter) even if it's not upgrade to support Hog3 mode. (The device will show up, it just won't let you use it under Hog III).

I've heard of a number of problems using Widgets with Netbooks. Netbooks tend to have very tight power budgets, and frequently can't supply the amount of power they're supposed to be able to supply to the USB ports. You might try a Powered USB hub and see if that helps.
  • When you first connect a USB widget to a computer, it will try and load two different drivers. The first one will say something like "DMX Widget (loading)", followed by "DMX widget".

The drivers should install, and you should see it show up under "Flying Pig Systems devices in the Windows Device Manager (Start: Run:type in "devmgmt.msc", press enter) even if it's not upgrade to support Hog3 mode. (The device will show up, it just won't let you use it under Hog III).

I've heard of a number of problems using Widgets with Netbooks. Netbooks tend to have very tight power budgets, and frequently can't supply the amount of power they're supposed to be able to supply to the USB ports. You might try a Powered USB hub and see if that helps.
Children
No Data
Related