Capture and Hog PC - What next?

Hi, firstly I want to say that I have a passion for lighting but I'm really lacking experience. I'm trying (very hard) to set up a demo show on my PC using Capture and Hog PC as the controller. But, I'm clearly missing something. Here's what is happening:

1. Load Capture and open up the demo file (a pre-prepared project)
2. Load the Hog PC console, the visualiser connectivity application opens and connects (connected and running is shown in the status window).
3. I assign the Hog universes to the universes in Capture (the fixtures are already patched to the Capture universes).

What next?

I was expecting to be able to control the fixtures in Capture using Hog PC but I cannot for the life of me work out how to do this. I'm clearly not understanding something fundamental here. I was expecting the fixture list to be replicated in Hog so that I can control them, is this the case? Do I need to add all of the fixtures into Hog as well as Capture or does it replicate them and all of the patches?

I used a much older version of Capture in the past and you could change the values for each of the channels directly in Capture. You can't do this anymore so it seems like you are mandated to using an external console.

All of the documentation talks about connecting Capture to Hog and vice-versa. I've done this and didn't get any error messages but I just don't know what to do next.

Please help, I'm really enthusiastic, willing to learn, but just can't seem to get over the first hurdle.
Parents
  • Thanks Rob. I think that I'm getting somewhere, but I've still got a long way to go.

I've added a fixture in Capture, patched it to channel 1 in universe A. I've added the same fixture in Hog but I'm unclear how to patch this to the same universe in Capture? What's DP# refer to? I've attempted to patch te fixure and have been able to change the intensity etc but none of these values flow through to Capture.

Here are some screen shots to show what I've been trying to do:

matthandy.co.uk/images/hog/1.jpg

matthandy.co.uk/images/hog/2.jpg

matthandy.co.uk/images/hog/3.jpg

matthandy.co.uk/images/hog/4.jpg
  • Thanks Rob. I think that I'm getting somewhere, but I've still got a long way to go.

I've added a fixture in Capture, patched it to channel 1 in universe A. I've added the same fixture in Hog but I'm unclear how to patch this to the same universe in Capture? What's DP# refer to? I've attempted to patch te fixure and have been able to change the intensity etc but none of these values flow through to Capture.

Here are some screen shots to show what I've been trying to do:

matthandy.co.uk/images/hog/1.jpg

matthandy.co.uk/images/hog/2.jpg

matthandy.co.uk/images/hog/3.jpg

matthandy.co.uk/images/hog/4.jpg
Children
No Data
Related