Hog 3 Touchscreen

Is a H3 touchscreen user changeable or should it be done at the Factory?

I have my right touchscreen starting to show issues with "static" occasionally. I want to get it replaced, but if I can do it myself, I'm fine with that.

Thanks....
Parents
  • Jon, The HogIII doesn't have integrated touchscreens. There is an LCD Panel, with a touch-sensitive overlay. The two parts are separate, and one can be replaced without having the replace the other.

So, when you say "static", what do you mean? Are you seeing visual artifacts in the image displayed on the LCD, or are you having trouble with the touch sensing?

If you're seeing visual artifacts on the LCD's image, you might want to check the electrical connection to the panel. There is a small circuit board behind the LCD with a short cable to the panel that can sometimes come loose. It's worth checking and might save you the cost of a new panel.
  • Jon, The HogIII doesn't have integrated touchscreens. There is an LCD Panel, with a touch-sensitive overlay. The two parts are separate, and one can be replaced without having the replace the other.

So, when you say "static", what do you mean? Are you seeing visual artifacts in the image displayed on the LCD, or are you having trouble with the touch sensing?

If you're seeing visual artifacts on the LCD's image, you might want to check the electrical connection to the panel. There is a small circuit board behind the LCD with a short cable to the panel that can sometimes come loose. It's worth checking and might save you the cost of a new panel.
Children
No Data
Related