Gel Picker as Reference Palette

I have a quick question. Is there a reason why the gel picker colors don't show up as referenced palettes in cues and scenes?
Parents
  • Hey Brad

I'm with Marty on not allowing the Gel Picker colors to be editable. The Gel Picker was created as a known reference to widely used gel colors by name and number. Allowing a deviation from that standard would cause some confusion if someone where allowed for instance to change the value of Rosco Amber to a Rosco Blue and re-save it as Rosco Amber. If perchance that operator had to be replaced, the new programmer would be totally lost if he were called upon to bring up Rosco Amber and it turned out to be a blue color instead. I believe if you allow the Gel Picker Colors to be editable you loose the standard by which they were created in the first place, therefore negating the whole point of using the "Gel" Picker to choose color.

Just my two cents....:cool:
  • Hey Brad

I'm with Marty on not allowing the Gel Picker colors to be editable. The Gel Picker was created as a known reference to widely used gel colors by name and number. Allowing a deviation from that standard would cause some confusion if someone where allowed for instance to change the value of Rosco Amber to a Rosco Blue and re-save it as Rosco Amber. If perchance that operator had to be replaced, the new programmer would be totally lost if he were called upon to bring up Rosco Amber and it turned out to be a blue color instead. I believe if you allow the Gel Picker Colors to be editable you loose the standard by which they were created in the first place, therefore negating the whole point of using the "Gel" Picker to choose color.

Just my two cents....:cool:
Children
No Data
Related