Moving showfiles from other Hog consoles to Wholehog III with DP-2000

I understand that you can't open a v3 showfile on a console running v2 software, but I am running into another issue.

In doing some testing it appears even if a Hog III with DP-2000 and another desk are running the same software version, you can not take a showfile from another desk and load it on the the Hog III/DP-2000. I guess I was under the impression that it would handle it similar to the Road Hog where you would only have access to the first 4 universes.

However, when you try to load that showfile, it will not recognize the DP-2000 and you have DMX output and can not patch anything. I tried to merge the showfile info into a new show with DP-2000 format on the Hog III, but it fails to merge giving me an error as it tries to merge fixtures.

If this is an issue, please let me know and if so I/we need to get the word out that you can't transfer showfiles between certain desks.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • More details please regarding the two console setups....are they both Hog-3s w/ DP-2000s or do you have a DP-8000 in there somewhere...or anther desk entirely.....like a Full Boar?

You might be running into a situation where your two systems are not running the same processor type (eg. a Hog-3 with a DP-2k and a Full Boar with the internal DP-8k process).

If this is the case you will need to go into Patch and clone the DP(s) over to the proper type after loading the show up the first time.

Hope this helps. :)
  • More details please regarding the two console setups....are they both Hog-3s w/ DP-2000s or do you have a DP-8000 in there somewhere...or anther desk entirely.....like a Full Boar?

You might be running into a situation where your two systems are not running the same processor type (eg. a Hog-3 with a DP-2k and a Full Boar with the internal DP-8k process).

If this is the case you will need to go into Patch and clone the DP(s) over to the proper type after loading the show up the first time.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related