Moving showfiles from other Hog consoles to Wholehog III with DP-2000

I understand that you can't open a v3 showfile on a console running v2 software, but I am running into another issue.

In doing some testing it appears even if a Hog III with DP-2000 and another desk are running the same software version, you can not take a showfile from another desk and load it on the the Hog III/DP-2000. I guess I was under the impression that it would handle it similar to the Road Hog where you would only have access to the first 4 universes.

However, when you try to load that showfile, it will not recognize the DP-2000 and you have DMX output and can not patch anything. I tried to merge the showfile info into a new show with DP-2000 format on the Hog III, but it fails to merge giving me an error as it tries to merge fixtures.

If this is an issue, please let me know and if so I/we need to get the word out that you can't transfer showfiles between certain desks.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • Finally got it to work. Added another DP, cloned the universes and changed the Netnumber on the DP to #2 and then restarted. That seemed to help it find the DP-2000. Netnumbers burn me often I forget about those. Thanks for the help.

Again if there were some PDF instructions on this and also the collage instructions that would be helpful to give to customers/clients.

Thanks again.

Travis Slyter
    Ruehling Associates
  • Finally got it to work. Added another DP, cloned the universes and changed the Netnumber on the DP to #2 and then restarted. That seemed to help it find the DP-2000. Netnumbers burn me often I forget about those. Thanks for the help.

Again if there were some PDF instructions on this and also the collage instructions that would be helpful to give to customers/clients.

Thanks again.

Travis Slyter
    Ruehling Associates
Children
No Data
Related