cue list problem

I set up a series of cues by moving my lights to various positions and then doing Record, 1 Record, 2 etc. A number of cues show up in the cue list. For that same master, (i have the same one selected with its choose button) I go and hit the play button (i tried both the one for the master and the big global one) nothing happens. When I go to output it doesn't show anything changing at all. In the cue list display it shows some data next to each cue as it's trying to "play" it i.e. >> J52% and those roll through. I tried the Skip Forward keys as well, it shows different cues but nothing at all happens, the lights are exactly as they were before I hit Play.

Also problem #2 i did what it said with saving effects engine to pallete - i selected a bunch of effects and then did Record and clicked an empty pallete, then later when i clicked that pallete the effects did not start.

Is there something I'm missing to make these functions work? At a standstill right now because cannot get it to play back any cue lists.

Thanks
Parents
  • [quote=erock;42320]For the second issue, I believe that you can only save effects in the effects directory and not in palette directories.

Actually you can save an effect into any palette just "Use E" from the bottom right masking toolbar.

Sosumi,

Where were you trying to record an effect?

FYI - in the effect palette directory if you want your palette to be stored with the base value, you must "Use" the correct type when recording into the palette....eg "Use P" or "Use C" as well as "Use E".

Additionally if you want to make a "Global" effect palette you can only do this one way:
    - Select a single fixture
    - Build effect
    - Record with proper masking & also "Global" from the bottom right toolbar.

There are issues with trying to record a "Global" effect using mltiple fixtures.

Hope this helps. :)

• [quote=erock;42320]For the second issue, I believe that you can only save effects in the effects directory and not in palette directories.

Actually you can save an effect into any palette just "Use E" from the bottom right masking toolbar.

Sosumi,

Where were you trying to record an effect?

FYI - in the effect palette directory if you want your palette to be stored with the base value, you must "Use" the correct type when recording into the palette....eg "Use P" or "Use C" as well as "Use E".

Additionally if you want to make a "Global" effect palette you can only do this one way:
    - Select a single fixture
    - Build effect
    - Record with proper masking & also "Global" from the bottom right toolbar.

There are issues with trying to record a "Global" effect using mltiple fixtures.

Children
No Data
Related