Hog3 PC, cant get it to start

Hi to all,

im new to Wholehog and just wanted to start get some Practice with the Hog3 on PC Version, so i downloaded it first on my Desktop Pc, just to realize later that Hog > 64bit :P, So i tried to install it on my 32 bit Laptop, the Install finished without any Problems, but when i want to start it there just comes an "unknown exception" Error and it instantly closes.
Are there any "Tricks" to get it started?

Greetings
Parents
  • UAC is an acronymn for User Access Controls. It's a security measure that was introduced in Windows Vista and has been carried over into Windows 7 aimed at improving the security of Windows PCs by limiting applications to standard user privileges until an andminstrator authorizes an increase in control.

So why is this causing problems with Hog3PC?
    When an application is launched by either an administrator or standard user, the application must be validated as a resource the current user has priviledges to access. If Windows determines the application requires "elevated" user priveledges, Windows will pop up a dialogue box asking for credentials to do so. Unfortunately this is failing when launching Hog3PC. The reason for this is not yet fully known.

Until we resolve this issue the easiest way to run Hog3PC on Windows 7 is to right click the desktop icon for Hog3PC, go into properties, select the priveledges tab, and check the option that says "run as administrator", then hit apply. This will allow Hog3PC to run without changing the UAC settings in the control panel. I believe this works in Windows Vista as well.
  • UAC is an acronymn for User Access Controls. It's a security measure that was introduced in Windows Vista and has been carried over into Windows 7 aimed at improving the security of Windows PCs by limiting applications to standard user privileges until an andminstrator authorizes an increase in control.

So why is this causing problems with Hog3PC?
    When an application is launched by either an administrator or standard user, the application must be validated as a resource the current user has priviledges to access. If Windows determines the application requires "elevated" user priveledges, Windows will pop up a dialogue box asking for credentials to do so. Unfortunately this is failing when launching Hog3PC. The reason for this is not yet fully known.

Until we resolve this issue the easiest way to run Hog3PC on Windows 7 is to right click the desktop icon for Hog3PC, go into properties, select the priveledges tab, and check the option that says "run as administrator", then hit apply. This will allow Hog3PC to run without changing the UAC settings in the control panel. I believe this works in Windows Vista as well.
Children
No Data
Related