Lights Flicker Randomly HELP ASAP

I have some Chauvet Color tubes and a color controller2.0 LED-chva

the tubes only will flicker randomly and if its in a chase it will reset the chase. Its not a cable issue because I tried it at the head of the chain. Also the controller was swapped out just incase it was defective. I need help as soon as possible because its for a church and its very distracting. Please help me as soon as possible. would really appreciate it. Ive tried everything I know so I would take whatever I can get. THanks
Parents
  • A bad cable or connection anywhere in the chain can cause a problem. DMX is a shared bus. Just because the first fixture is having a problem, doesn't mean that the cable between the console and that fixture is bad.

Get a multimeter and test one DMX cable. Plug your console and LED tubes into the same wall outlet. Run the tested DMX cable between them and plug in a terminator. Do you still have the flicker? If not, start adding and changing things until you find that causes the flicker. If yes, then you may need to experiment with various opto-isolators or signal buffers to find a signal that the LED tubes like.

DMX troubleshooting can be a bit of an art. Set aside a good chunk of time for troubleshooting. If you can describe more about your setup, we may be able to offer some more specific advice.
  • A bad cable or connection anywhere in the chain can cause a problem. DMX is a shared bus. Just because the first fixture is having a problem, doesn't mean that the cable between the console and that fixture is bad.

Get a multimeter and test one DMX cable. Plug your console and LED tubes into the same wall outlet. Run the tested DMX cable between them and plug in a terminator. Do you still have the flicker? If not, start adding and changing things until you find that causes the flicker. If yes, then you may need to experiment with various opto-isolators or signal buffers to find a signal that the LED tubes like.

DMX troubleshooting can be a bit of an art. Set aside a good chunk of time for troubleshooting. If you can describe more about your setup, we may be able to offer some more specific advice.
Children
No Data
Related