Lights Flicker Randomly HELP ASAP

I have some Chauvet Color tubes and a color controller2.0 LED-chva

the tubes only will flicker randomly and if its in a chase it will reset the chase. Its not a cable issue because I tried it at the head of the chain. Also the controller was swapped out just incase it was defective. I need help as soon as possible because its for a church and its very distracting. Please help me as soon as possible. would really appreciate it. Ive tried everything I know so I would take whatever I can get. THanks
Parents
  • DMX problems usually can't usually be solved at the console. If your tires are blown, fiddling with the engine won't help.

You can try slowing down the refresh rate in the node settings, but the Hog3 line is already pretty conservative about refresh rates.

Did you try my suggestion of plugging the everything into the same outlet and disconnecting everything else? Using the same outlet will help you determine if there's some kind of ground loop problem. Also try this with and without the opto splitter.

There's no simple cookbook approach to DMX troubleshooting. It takes a process of methodical experimentation. Talk to your dealer, they'll almost certainly have someone who's experienced with DMX troubleshooting who can help you, and they might even be able to come to your site. Or maybe there's an electrician or maintenance person in your congregation who has experience with RS485 (DMX is based on RS485).
  • DMX problems usually can't usually be solved at the console. If your tires are blown, fiddling with the engine won't help.

You can try slowing down the refresh rate in the node settings, but the Hog3 line is already pretty conservative about refresh rates.

Did you try my suggestion of plugging the everything into the same outlet and disconnecting everything else? Using the same outlet will help you determine if there's some kind of ground loop problem. Also try this with and without the opto splitter.

There's no simple cookbook approach to DMX troubleshooting. It takes a process of methodical experimentation. Talk to your dealer, they'll almost certainly have someone who's experienced with DMX troubleshooting who can help you, and they might even be able to come to your site. Or maybe there's an electrician or maintenance person in your congregation who has experience with RS485 (DMX is based on RS485).
Children
No Data
Related