ACN, ETCNet, Artnet, Oh my.

So I've tried searching the forum for ACN, and it won't work...as it's only three letters. So I'll just post a new topic.

This is what I've gathered and believe to be true...I need some confirmations...please :)

-Wholehog OS does output Artnet with the use of a DP8000.

-Wholehog OS does output Artnet from a PC (HogPC) without the use of a DP8000, or Widgets. (Hmm, so what stops the general public from purchasing a cheap artnet node in lieu of a more expensive HogPC Widget?) Or then again...does it not?

-Wholehog OS does NOT output ACN (Advanced Control Network).

-^^Therefore Wholehog OS is not compatible with an ETC Net3 control network without the use of networked DMX Input Gateways.

-Wholehog OS does NOT output ETC Net2.

-Therefore...Wholehog OS is incompatible in every regard at the current moment with an ETC Net2 or Net3 control network...without using DMX Input Gateways.

Anyone, anyone? I just need to make sure the research I've done is correct...

Parents
  • Ryan,

In order:

-You can output Art-Net from a DP8000 (connected to any Hog OS networkable console or a computer running Hog3PC) or from the Art-Net port on a Road Hog Full Boar

-Hog3PC does NOT output Art-Net directly from a PC. The only way to output DMX from Hog3PC is by using a Widget, SuperWidget, DP2000, or DP8000. You can also use Hog3PC to log in as a client on a HogOS network show. (Therefore you can not use a generic Art-Net node to output DMX directly from Hog3PC.)

-You are correct that Hog OS devices do not currently output ACN

-ETCNet2 and 3 are not natively supported by HogOS devices.

-You must use DMX gateways to use HogOS devices on a Net2 or Net3 network

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Phil
  • Ryan,

In order:

-You can output Art-Net from a DP8000 (connected to any Hog OS networkable console or a computer running Hog3PC) or from the Art-Net port on a Road Hog Full Boar

-Hog3PC does NOT output Art-Net directly from a PC. The only way to output DMX from Hog3PC is by using a Widget, SuperWidget, DP2000, or DP8000. You can also use Hog3PC to log in as a client on a HogOS network show. (Therefore you can not use a generic Art-Net node to output DMX directly from Hog3PC.)

-You are correct that Hog OS devices do not currently output ACN

-ETCNet2 and 3 are not natively supported by HogOS devices.

-You must use DMX gateways to use HogOS devices on a Net2 or Net3 network

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Phil
Children
No Data
Related