ACN, ETCNet, Artnet, Oh my.

So I've tried searching the forum for ACN, and it won't work...as it's only three letters. So I'll just post a new topic.

This is what I've gathered and believe to be true...I need some confirmations...please :)

-Wholehog OS does output Artnet with the use of a DP8000.

-Wholehog OS does output Artnet from a PC (HogPC) without the use of a DP8000, or Widgets. (Hmm, so what stops the general public from purchasing a cheap artnet node in lieu of a more expensive HogPC Widget?) Or then again...does it not?

-Wholehog OS does NOT output ACN (Advanced Control Network).

-^^Therefore Wholehog OS is not compatible with an ETC Net3 control network without the use of networked DMX Input Gateways.

-Wholehog OS does NOT output ETC Net2.

-Therefore...Wholehog OS is incompatible in every regard at the current moment with an ETC Net2 or Net3 control network...without using DMX Input Gateways.

Anyone, anyone? I just need to make sure the research I've done is correct...

Parents
  • Hmmm....I thought the release notes listed the DP8000 as being able to support sACN. I'll have to dig around and see if I just misread that somewhere.

j

EDIT:

Yup....forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=8638&highlight=sACN

...and networking abilities as well as new features such as E1.31 (sACN) output...

From the release notes:

E1.31 (sACN) Support
    The fixture link port of the Road Hog Full Boar and DMX Processor 8000 now support output of
    DMX512 data over Ethernet in accordance the ESTA E1.31 protocol (sometimes called sACN).
    All 16 universes of the DMX Processor 8000 can be sent via E1.31 output while the Full Boar
    supports 12 universes. Configuration is done in the node settings window of the DP8000.
  • Hmmm....I thought the release notes listed the DP8000 as being able to support sACN. I'll have to dig around and see if I just misread that somewhere.

j

EDIT:

Yup....forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=8638&highlight=sACN

...and networking abilities as well as new features such as E1.31 (sACN) output...

From the release notes:

E1.31 (sACN) Support
    The fixture link port of the Road Hog Full Boar and DMX Processor 8000 now support output of
    DMX512 data over Ethernet in accordance the ESTA E1.31 protocol (sometimes called sACN).
    All 16 universes of the DMX Processor 8000 can be sent via E1.31 output while the Full Boar
    supports 12 universes. Configuration is done in the node settings window of the DP8000.
Children
No Data
Related