ACN, ETCNet, Artnet, Oh my.

So I've tried searching the forum for ACN, and it won't work...as it's only three letters. So I'll just post a new topic.

This is what I've gathered and believe to be true...I need some confirmations...please :)

-Wholehog OS does output Artnet with the use of a DP8000.

-Wholehog OS does output Artnet from a PC (HogPC) without the use of a DP8000, or Widgets. (Hmm, so what stops the general public from purchasing a cheap artnet node in lieu of a more expensive HogPC Widget?) Or then again...does it not?

-Wholehog OS does NOT output ACN (Advanced Control Network).

-^^Therefore Wholehog OS is not compatible with an ETC Net3 control network without the use of networked DMX Input Gateways.

-Wholehog OS does NOT output ETC Net2.

-Therefore...Wholehog OS is incompatible in every regard at the current moment with an ETC Net2 or Net3 control network...without using DMX Input Gateways.

Anyone, anyone? I just need to make sure the research I've done is correct...

Parents
  • From the ESTA standards web site:

ANSI E1.17-2006, Entertainment Technology - Architecture for Control Networks (ACN), is a suite of documents that specifies an architecture, including protocols and language, which may be configured and combined with other standard protocols to form flexible, networked audio, lighting, or other control systems. It can be implemented on networks that support UDP, IP, and related protocols. It is not bound to Ethernet as a transport medium, but Ethernet is an obvious choice.

ANSI E1.31 - 2009, Entertainment Technology – Lightweight streaming protocol for transport of DMX512 using ACN, describes a way of transporting DMX512-type data over Ethernet using ACN's (ANSI E1.17) Session Data Transport mechanism. The DMX512-type streaming data can be intermixed with random access data and high speed feedback in a flexible and scalable way on a network.
  • From the ESTA standards web site:

ANSI E1.17-2006, Entertainment Technology - Architecture for Control Networks (ACN), is a suite of documents that specifies an architecture, including protocols and language, which may be configured and combined with other standard protocols to form flexible, networked audio, lighting, or other control systems. It can be implemented on networks that support UDP, IP, and related protocols. It is not bound to Ethernet as a transport medium, but Ethernet is an obvious choice.

ANSI E1.31 - 2009, Entertainment Technology – Lightweight streaming protocol for transport of DMX512 using ACN, describes a way of transporting DMX512-type data over Ethernet using ACN's (ANSI E1.17) Session Data Transport mechanism. The DMX512-type streaming data can be intermixed with random access data and high speed feedback in a flexible and scalable way on a network.
Children
No Data
Related