ACN, ETCNet, Artnet, Oh my.

So I've tried searching the forum for ACN, and it won't work...as it's only three letters. So I'll just post a new topic.

This is what I've gathered and believe to be true...I need some confirmations...please :)

-Wholehog OS does output Artnet with the use of a DP8000.

-Wholehog OS does output Artnet from a PC (HogPC) without the use of a DP8000, or Widgets. (Hmm, so what stops the general public from purchasing a cheap artnet node in lieu of a more expensive HogPC Widget?) Or then again...does it not?

-Wholehog OS does NOT output ACN (Advanced Control Network).

-^^Therefore Wholehog OS is not compatible with an ETC Net3 control network without the use of networked DMX Input Gateways.

-Wholehog OS does NOT output ETC Net2.

-Therefore...Wholehog OS is incompatible in every regard at the current moment with an ETC Net2 or Net3 control network...without using DMX Input Gateways.

Anyone, anyone? I just need to make sure the research I've done is correct...

Parents
  • I don't have a problem per se...I'm only opening discussion regarding whether a Net3 Network and HogOS can speak to each other.

And per ETC's wiki...

www.etcconnect.com/Community/wikis/products/etc-net3-products.aspx

"Net3 uses ACN for configuration, inter-product communication and error reporting. For transport of level data (DMX-style level information), Net3 uses Streaming ACN, which is a simplified subset of ACN, designed purely to transport DMX type information to simple end devices."

So if the DP8000/FB can output sACN (E1.31)...and Net3 is essentially sACN (E1.31)...then that concludes that HogOS can output values to Net3 nodes...

Correct? Again, not a problem...I'm just trying to figure out for future planning, if these two products can currently work together.

And I am aware that HogOS does not support RDM.
  • I don't have a problem per se...I'm only opening discussion regarding whether a Net3 Network and HogOS can speak to each other.

And per ETC's wiki...

www.etcconnect.com/Community/wikis/products/etc-net3-products.aspx

"Net3 uses ACN for configuration, inter-product communication and error reporting. For transport of level data (DMX-style level information), Net3 uses Streaming ACN, which is a simplified subset of ACN, designed purely to transport DMX type information to simple end devices."

So if the DP8000/FB can output sACN (E1.31)...and Net3 is essentially sACN (E1.31)...then that concludes that HogOS can output values to Net3 nodes...

Correct? Again, not a problem...I'm just trying to figure out for future planning, if these two products can currently work together.

And I am aware that HogOS does not support RDM.
Children
No Data
Related