ACN, ETCNet, Artnet, Oh my.

So I've tried searching the forum for ACN, and it won't work...as it's only three letters. So I'll just post a new topic.

This is what I've gathered and believe to be true...I need some confirmations...please :)

-Wholehog OS does output Artnet with the use of a DP8000.

-Wholehog OS does output Artnet from a PC (HogPC) without the use of a DP8000, or Widgets. (Hmm, so what stops the general public from purchasing a cheap artnet node in lieu of a more expensive HogPC Widget?) Or then again...does it not?

-Wholehog OS does NOT output ACN (Advanced Control Network).

-^^Therefore Wholehog OS is not compatible with an ETC Net3 control network without the use of networked DMX Input Gateways.

-Wholehog OS does NOT output ETC Net2.

-Therefore...Wholehog OS is incompatible in every regard at the current moment with an ETC Net2 or Net3 control network...without using DMX Input Gateways.

Anyone, anyone? I just need to make sure the research I've done is correct...

Parents
  • Perfect Eric. Thanks so much. That's what I thought...(and feared)...

I appears as if they are only a few drafts off. It shouldn't be too hard for them to bring their protocol current...hopefully.

So HES/FP is current on drafts...Net3 is not. At least I have somewhere to go with that.

So is there anyone as of current that has used the sACN functionality on a WholeHog? If so...what types of products/fixtures on the market would it speak to? Pathport nodes perhaps? (As they also support a sACN standard...unsure which draft, however, I believe they are current...)
  • Perfect Eric. Thanks so much. That's what I thought...(and feared)...

I appears as if they are only a few drafts off. It shouldn't be too hard for them to bring their protocol current...hopefully.

So HES/FP is current on drafts...Net3 is not. At least I have somewhere to go with that.

So is there anyone as of current that has used the sACN functionality on a WholeHog? If so...what types of products/fixtures on the market would it speak to? Pathport nodes perhaps? (As they also support a sACN standard...unsure which draft, however, I believe they are current...)
Children
No Data
Related