No FX for slotted parameters?

This is something that's bugged me for awhile. Tell me if I'm doing something wrong, but I never seem to be able to build an effect using slotted parameters. For example, if I want to do a step effect where the prism pops in and out, or a step between colors on a color wheel, the effect size encoder just displays "?" and the effect doesn't run. Is there a good reason for this? There are so many things one could do using slotted parameters and the FX engine, it seems a huge limitation to just disable them all.
Parents
  • Hey Brooke,

Sloted parameter efx's are the must beautiful efx's ever and the fastes to, you can do a lot of great look's with them using gobo's, colour's, prism...

The key to start those efx's is to choose a default start point, for example:
    I have a Mac 500 with a colour wheel and i want to do an efx betwen the blue and the red,
    1) choose all mac 500
    2) select Blue colour (this is my start point)...this is probebly what your missing.
    3) go to the efx editor and apply a "mark on" to the colour parameter (you can choose step,spiral...any will give you a different look's)
    4) set the size to the desiered colour from your start point (red in this case)
    5) set the rate and fan the offset.
    now i have a great "police" efx.

*Tip: if you choose "Step" for your efx table, the efx will skip the start point, for example: if your start point is blue and the colour wheel build as Green>Blue>Red
    then apply a "Step" efx to colour parameter, the efx will run between Green and red and skip the blue.

*Use the "Mark on" table to choose by size from your start point, Blue>...size

If you need any more halp, let us know

Amir
    Danix Systems Ltd
    Israel
  • Hey Brooke,

Sloted parameter efx's are the must beautiful efx's ever and the fastes to, you can do a lot of great look's with them using gobo's, colour's, prism...

The key to start those efx's is to choose a default start point, for example:
    I have a Mac 500 with a colour wheel and i want to do an efx betwen the blue and the red,
    1) choose all mac 500
    2) select Blue colour (this is my start point)...this is probebly what your missing.
    3) go to the efx editor and apply a "mark on" to the colour parameter (you can choose step,spiral...any will give you a different look's)
    4) set the size to the desiered colour from your start point (red in this case)
    5) set the rate and fan the offset.
    now i have a great "police" efx.

*Tip: if you choose "Step" for your efx table, the efx will skip the start point, for example: if your start point is blue and the colour wheel build as Green>Blue>Red
    then apply a "Step" efx to colour parameter, the efx will run between Green and red and skip the blue.

*Use the "Mark on" table to choose by size from your start point, Blue>...size

If you need any more halp, let us know

Amir
    Danix Systems Ltd
    Israel
Children
No Data
Related