Ethernet triggering of Whole Hog 3 PC

Hello,

Can I control the whole hog 3 pc by sending commands over the network. Ideally I'd like to either broadcast UDP or open a socket on a port and send bytes in whatever protocol is necessary. I can probably format MIDI is necessary.

(I'm a software developer doing work on an installation and I don't know anything about lighting control.)

Can the HOG PC do this? Any other ideas?
Parents
  • You could control a Hog3PC setup acting as a server with a widget attached to output DMX from another remote Hog3PC setup acting as a client. There is not tracking backup over the network yet, although I beleive it's planned. One other option is to use Windows Remote Desktop to log into the computer running Hog 3pC and then control it that way. This would allow you to control it from theoretically anywhere, since remote desktop can work over the internet, there are other flavors of remote desktop such as GoToMyPC, which I use frequently and have had good luck with.

Additionally you can use MSC to link two Hog 3 consoles(Full 3, Roadhogs, Hog3PC) to act as a tracking backup. This works very well and in some ways offers more stability in a backup situation because it's not relying on the network and if the primary consoles network goes down, it shouldn't affect the backup.

Hope this helps,

Eric
  • You could control a Hog3PC setup acting as a server with a widget attached to output DMX from another remote Hog3PC setup acting as a client. There is not tracking backup over the network yet, although I beleive it's planned. One other option is to use Windows Remote Desktop to log into the computer running Hog 3pC and then control it that way. This would allow you to control it from theoretically anywhere, since remote desktop can work over the internet, there are other flavors of remote desktop such as GoToMyPC, which I use frequently and have had good luck with.

Additionally you can use MSC to link two Hog 3 consoles(Full 3, Roadhogs, Hog3PC) to act as a tracking backup. This works very well and in some ways offers more stability in a backup situation because it's not relying on the network and if the primary consoles network goes down, it shouldn't affect the backup.

Hope this helps,

Eric
Children
No Data
Related