Clean install problems

I am upgrading 3 desks with a clean install. Following the manual, holding down pig key and starting the desk, However the desk is skipping over the Boot menu straight into start up. the only way is to F8 on a keyboard and select CDROM but this also proving problematic. The current file has been burnt using Nero following the prompts. I am assuming now the downloading of the ISO file could be the problem??? any thoughts or tips
Parents
  • Hi All,

I feel Robs pain, i was there also today and no where could we find anything specific in the 20mins of reading the bible and looking for references that helped in getting a boot menu up on a RHFB. does this magic text appear anywhere in the user bible??

We ended up just treating the os install as if it was on a PC with XP.. smash F8 after highend screen.. WOW!!! BOOT menu :)

K we got this far..
    -BIOS boot order correct..
    -Boot screen with all devices displayed WoooHooo! (after much trial and error with pig key that is)

NOT BOOTING.. Hmmm..

Dodgy Burn, Bad download, crappy CDR's, Or maybe we just burnt the XPe disc wrong..

Any ideas? As Rob said we used the burn guide with NERO image burn thingy as directed.

Still no BOOTing..

Ideas anyone??

Cheers,

Benny...
    -
  • Hi All,

I feel Robs pain, i was there also today and no where could we find anything specific in the 20mins of reading the bible and looking for references that helped in getting a boot menu up on a RHFB. does this magic text appear anywhere in the user bible??

We ended up just treating the os install as if it was on a PC with XP.. smash F8 after highend screen.. WOW!!! BOOT menu :)

K we got this far..
    -BIOS boot order correct..
    -Boot screen with all devices displayed WoooHooo! (after much trial and error with pig key that is)

NOT BOOTING.. Hmmm..

Dodgy Burn, Bad download, crappy CDR's, Or maybe we just burnt the XPe disc wrong..

Any ideas? As Rob said we used the burn guide with NERO image burn thingy as directed.

Still no BOOTing..

Ideas anyone??

Cheers,

Benny...
    -
Children
No Data
Related