Clean install problems

I am upgrading 3 desks with a clean install. Following the manual, holding down pig key and starting the desk, However the desk is skipping over the Boot menu straight into start up. the only way is to F8 on a keyboard and select CDROM but this also proving problematic. The current file has been burnt using Nero following the prompts. I am assuming now the downloading of the ISO file could be the problem??? any thoughts or tips
Parents
  • Thanks for the help guys. Will see if anyone had any luck when i get in to work today. Was getting confused with the system restore/clean install thing in the bible.

So pretty much you just treat it as a PC installing XP. Stick the disc in the drive and reboot, hit any key, then follow the prompts.. or hit f8 for boot menu.

The issue must be the burnt disc, will try the half burn speed thing and let you know how we went. It should be a piece of cake as long as the disc is burnt correctly with no issues.. otherwise i will do the USB restore thing, and as suggested stash the syatem USB away.

Thanks heaps for your speedy replies.

Cheers,
    Benny..
  • Thanks for the help guys. Will see if anyone had any luck when i get in to work today. Was getting confused with the system restore/clean install thing in the bible.

So pretty much you just treat it as a PC installing XP. Stick the disc in the drive and reboot, hit any key, then follow the prompts.. or hit f8 for boot menu.

The issue must be the burnt disc, will try the half burn speed thing and let you know how we went. It should be a piece of cake as long as the disc is burnt correctly with no issues.. otherwise i will do the USB restore thing, and as suggested stash the syatem USB away.

Thanks heaps for your speedy replies.

Cheers,
    Benny..
Children
No Data
Related