New Roadhog, First Hog

Hello All,
I have just ordered a brand new Roadhog for a 500+ person Live and DJ room.
What do you know now that you wish you knew then with your first?
Efficiency, Tips and Tricks, a better understanding?

I'm new to the game with very little console knowledge, yet extensive Light Jockey 2, LJ Touch and LJFaders experience.
I will be receiving a day of training with my purchase but a day is never enough.
Thank you all in advance and good to see a great support forum.
Parents
  • The real definition is to perform live, like on the street, for money.

Here it means setting up the console in such a way that you play the console.
    Faders are setup so you can use them to create/build looks as you feel like it.

The alternative is setting up the console with pre-determined looks that you recall.
    A fader would have a few, or many, cues that are for a particular song.
    This works well when you know the band and their song list, and have time ahead to make the looks.

Finally, the complete opposite of busking is one cuelist of many cues (can easily be 100's to 1000's) that are the entire show, in order. This would be more typical of a fixed performance type show like a theatre production.
  • The real definition is to perform live, like on the street, for money.

Here it means setting up the console in such a way that you play the console.
    Faders are setup so you can use them to create/build looks as you feel like it.

The alternative is setting up the console with pre-determined looks that you recall.
    A fader would have a few, or many, cues that are for a particular song.
    This works well when you know the band and their song list, and have time ahead to make the looks.

Finally, the complete opposite of busking is one cuelist of many cues (can easily be 100's to 1000's) that are the entire show, in order. This would be more typical of a fixed performance type show like a theatre production.
Children
No Data
Related