Vista computer with HOG3PC 3.1.3 not recognizing the USB Widget

I have a rather unique problem. I have a class of lighting students doing moving light lighting projects in our university light lab using their own computers and our usb widget.

Of course what this means is that I have students with different flavors of operating systems. I have everyone pretty well taken care of except for one student running Vista Home Premium.

I had him install version 3.1.3 before he came to the lab. We then plugged in our Widget USB and although the computer tried a number of times to install it, it wouldn't light up. I then cold rebooted the Vista computer with the Widget plugged in. I got one red light.

I ran the Hog3PC program and loaded a show with an existing patch. Going to the network reveals no listing of "Widget Outputs".

I tried unpatching and repatching fixtures and desk channels but still "Widget Outputs" was nowhere to be seen.

In order to run the HOG3PC we had to right click and choose "Run as Administrator". If I shut off his User Authorization system in Vista would that help?

Doug
Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related