Hog IPC and 3PC Questions - Live Gig

Hi all,

I have been asked to do a live gig at a large venue in Melbourne Australia. I am looking at hiring a Hog IPC, 6 Robe 575 spots' and 2-4 Robe 575 wash's. I am new to the Hog systems, I have downloaded the 3PC software and had a brief play with it and it looks great. I am going to under take some training with my intended set-up closer to the gig date. Until then I have a few questions regarding the Hog IPC and 3PC software.

[LIST=1]
I intend to run the 3PC software on a laptop connected to a long range wireless network in the venue. Can I use the 3PC software to remotely control all of the IPC's functions or only a few limited functions? It would be great if I could take my laptop down on stage and control the lights.
How easy is the IPC to set-up, use and program?
If I create a show on the laptop and do some pre-programming can I transfer this show to the IPC? How easy is it to do this?
If I create a show with fixtures patched and addressed differently can I change the patching and fixtures with out loosing any of my programming and settings?
Any recommendations or suggestion you would make? (lights, controller, tips, theories, ...)

Thanks,
Parents
  • Hi Fons,

Thanks for your reply, it's very helpful.

I do have another couple of questions:

1. The colour and beam pallets/directory are self explanatory as the colous and gobos are assigned to a number. But the position directory is empty besides one entry which is for "open white". My question is do I have to assign a position to a directory listing or does each listing (1 - 32768) already have a position assigned?

2. Say I want to make a light swing back and forth (0° - 180°) do I assign 0° to a entry (say #5) an then assign 180° to another entry (#6)? Then somehow do I program the light to start @ position #5 and then move to position #6 over a period of ~3 seconds and repeat?

Thanks,
  • Hi Fons,

Thanks for your reply, it's very helpful.

I do have another couple of questions:

1. The colour and beam pallets/directory are self explanatory as the colous and gobos are assigned to a number. But the position directory is empty besides one entry which is for "open white". My question is do I have to assign a position to a directory listing or does each listing (1 - 32768) already have a position assigned?

2. Say I want to make a light swing back and forth (0° - 180°) do I assign 0° to a entry (say #5) an then assign 180° to another entry (#6)? Then somehow do I program the light to start @ position #5 and then move to position #6 over a period of ~3 seconds and repeat?

Thanks,
Children
No Data
Related