Hog IPC and 3PC Questions - Live Gig

Hi all,

I have been asked to do a live gig at a large venue in Melbourne Australia. I am looking at hiring a Hog IPC, 6 Robe 575 spots' and 2-4 Robe 575 wash's. I am new to the Hog systems, I have downloaded the 3PC software and had a brief play with it and it looks great. I am going to under take some training with my intended set-up closer to the gig date. Until then I have a few questions regarding the Hog IPC and 3PC software.

[LIST=1]
I intend to run the 3PC software on a laptop connected to a long range wireless network in the venue. Can I use the 3PC software to remotely control all of the IPC's functions or only a few limited functions? It would be great if I could take my laptop down on stage and control the lights.
How easy is the IPC to set-up, use and program?
If I create a show on the laptop and do some pre-programming can I transfer this show to the IPC? How easy is it to do this?
If I create a show with fixtures patched and addressed differently can I change the patching and fixtures with out loosing any of my programming and settings?
Any recommendations or suggestion you would make? (lights, controller, tips, theories, ...)

Thanks,
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Meh 626;44655]
    Thanks for your reply. Regarding the swinging I've looked at the effect palette/directory and I have set up a Sine Wave Table for Pan and entered 0º as the start point. How do I fade it between 180º and 0º? If possible a step by step would be greatly appreciated.

Open the Effects Engine, and make sure you have your fixture base value as 0º on Pan. Then set the effects table for Pan to be sine and set a rate (not too fast or the fixture won't be able to complete the cycle. Now fade in the size until the pan is swinging from 0º to 180º.

There is an extensive section on Effects in the manual. Section 23 page 243.

Best Regards,
  • [QUOTE=Meh 626;44655]
    Thanks for your reply. Regarding the swinging I've looked at the effect palette/directory and I have set up a Sine Wave Table for Pan and entered 0º as the start point. How do I fade it between 180º and 0º? If possible a step by step would be greatly appreciated.

Open the Effects Engine, and make sure you have your fixture base value as 0º on Pan. Then set the effects table for Pan to be sine and set a rate (not too fast or the fixture won't be able to complete the cycle. Now fade in the size until the pan is swinging from 0º to 180º.

There is an extensive section on Effects in the manual. Section 23 page 243.

Best Regards,
Children
No Data
Related