dp 8000 not booting

We were updating hog 3 from 3.1.2 to 3.1.4.
Console software updated ok and working.
Dp2000 software updated ok and working.

Then the dp 8000 didn´t start to update.
So we tried forcing with pressing left button from dp8k when powerup. Nothing.
We ended up trying pressing all three buttons while powerup.
End result was that the dp8k isnt booting up any more at all.

If it is booted with all 3 buttons pressed the following happens:

First there is a lot of boot info runnning and eventually it goes to loop written below:

PXELINUX 3.71 3.71 Copyri
ght (C) 1994-2008 H. Peter
Anvin
Loading dp8000/vmlinuz-2.6
.26.5-dp.8k.....................
Loading dp8000/intramfs-d
p87k_1.0_i386.cpio.gz........
I/O Board Disconnected

At this point the Hog-Net Link light turns off and back on in approx 5 secs.

I/O Board Connected

And then dp goes back to beginnig of PXE... (loop above)

Then if is just turned on OR hard reseted (with center and right while poweron) a lot of info comes and everything stops to:

eth0: 10/100 speed: disabling TSO

and then nothing...

Havent had similar problems previously.
DP8k worked just fine before this.

Any ideas? Running out of buttons to press while powerup...
Parents
  • Hi there,

Same problem with us. Updated desk to 3.1.4 today, after putting desk back into network and connecting to DP8K the DP want to be updated. Doing so results in exactly what has been described before in other posts...

But what confuses me is : In a normal operational environment. So fixed install in venue with Full Boar and DP8000 i should be able to run updates like this without having to change network settings... I got a network with switches (GB) and wireless laptop for editing purposes... So fixed IP adresses and then these problems with updating software... It's not what you would expect!!
    DP8 is in the dimmer room so it's not easily accessible from where the desk is... And from the desk you get no info on what's happening.

Is there a specific procedure to follow when updating DP's so i can avoid this next time???

Fons
  • Hi there,

Same problem with us. Updated desk to 3.1.4 today, after putting desk back into network and connecting to DP8K the DP want to be updated. Doing so results in exactly what has been described before in other posts...

But what confuses me is : In a normal operational environment. So fixed install in venue with Full Boar and DP8000 i should be able to run updates like this without having to change network settings... I got a network with switches (GB) and wireless laptop for editing purposes... So fixed IP adresses and then these problems with updating software... It's not what you would expect!!
    DP8 is in the dimmer room so it's not easily accessible from where the desk is... And from the desk you get no info on what's happening.

Is there a specific procedure to follow when updating DP's so i can avoid this next time???

Fons
Children
No Data
Related