Hog IPC Questions

Hey Guys and Gals

I'm looking at purchasing my first real hog console. I think I've solidly got the research down. But just like to get a few opinions because I will not be the only one using it in the future.

Given the choice between a Hog IPC and A Road Hog full boar. Would it make that much a difference to you. The Full boar seems to me to be a newer hardware version of the IPC. Aside from smaller touch screens and lack of a 4th monitor.

Will support for the IPC be discontinued anytime in the near future, as I know the product has be discontinued.

And lastly how reliable is the IPC in a touring environment??

Look forward to the feed back

Kurtis
Parents
  • Hi Kurtis,

You are correct that the Road Hog is newer than the Hog iPC. However you are incorrect on a few points.

1. The Hog iPC and Road Hog each support 1 external monitor for a total of 3 monitors.
    2. The screens on all the Wholehog products are the same size.
    3. The Full Boar has much greater capabilities than the Hog iPC.

You might want to have a look at the comparison chart in the Wholehog brochure at:
    www.highend.com/support/downloads/dl/The_Wholehog_Family.pdf

We will continue to support the Hog iPC hardware for several years and the software is the same for all console so it continues support of course. The Hog iPC could also run in Hog 2 mode, but the Road Hog can not. Both desks are reliable in touring, but the Hog iPC has its monitor connections exposed.
  • Hi Kurtis,

You are correct that the Road Hog is newer than the Hog iPC. However you are incorrect on a few points.

1. The Hog iPC and Road Hog each support 1 external monitor for a total of 3 monitors.
    2. The screens on all the Wholehog products are the same size.
    3. The Full Boar has much greater capabilities than the Hog iPC.

You might want to have a look at the comparison chart in the Wholehog brochure at:
    www.highend.com/support/downloads/dl/The_Wholehog_Family.pdf

We will continue to support the Hog iPC hardware for several years and the software is the same for all console so it continues support of course. The Hog iPC could also run in Hog 2 mode, but the Road Hog can not. Both desks are reliable in touring, but the Hog iPC has its monitor connections exposed.
Children
No Data
Related