More 3.1.5 Crashes & Oddities

Hi Guys,

I have been experiencing more crashes/oddities on V3.1.5. There have been quite a few;

- Merging a Show. Message pops up saying (more or less) the desk is busy, either Cancel or Wait.

- On the above notice, when pressing Cancel the desk froze.

- On the above notice, when pressing Wait, the desk also froze.

- Patching fixtures, the notice coming up to inform me that the server is busy.

- Colour pallets. Recording a load of Colour Pallets, pressing Clear and them not working/updating. So when back with the fixture at full, pressing (say) Red would do nothing.

- The above colour issue was when I was mixing with encoders. Although the second time round, I used the Colour Picker which worked fine.

- Oddly, when the colour issue programmed from the encoders happened. The black arrow was on more or less the right colour on the Colour Picker - but the light did nothing.

I think thats what I can remember.

After a few re-starts, the desk was rock solid from then on for both programming and operating from then on.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=neil-NSLX;45339]Hi Guys,

I have been experiencing more crashes/oddities on V3.1.5. There have been quite a few;

- Merging a Show. Message pops up saying (more or less) the desk is busy, either Cancel or Wait.

- Colour pallets. Recording a load of Colour Pallets, pressing Clear and them not working/updating. So when back with the fixture at full, pressing (say) Red would do nothing.

- The above colour issue was when I was mixing with encoders. Although the second time round, I used the Colour Picker which worked fine.

- Oddly, when the colour issue programmed from the encoders happened. The black arrow was on more or less the right colour on the Colour Picker - but the light did nothing.

After a few re-starts, the desk was rock solid from then on for both programming and operating from then on.
    In this case I think i can explain everything regarding while it would continue to hang. Whenever you change type, then remove the fixture we have an issue that we are leaving remininsce of the original data within the cues. We leave them there during a change type so you may change back to the original or other type and keep your original programming.

The problem is we are not doing a very good job at removing all "unused" bits when you remove the "new" type.. We have made the system better at handling this condition where we have seen it in marks and show merges. There may be other areas as well.

We are resolving this issue ASAP.. Look for a 3.1.6 Beta soon..
  • [QUOTE=neil-NSLX;45339]Hi Guys,

In this case I think i can explain everything regarding while it would continue to hang. Whenever you change type, then remove the fixture we have an issue that we are leaving remininsce of the original data within the cues. We leave them there during a change type so you may change back to the original or other type and keep your original programming.

The problem is we are not doing a very good job at removing all "unused" bits when you remove the "new" type.. We have made the system better at handling this condition where we have seen it in marks and show merges. There may be other areas as well.

We are resolving this issue ASAP.. Look for a 3.1.6 Beta soon..
Children
No Data
Related