Ethernet/Wirless etc

Hi Guys,

To date I have been using Hog 3's with Ethercores (or DP's at FOH) but am starting to want the ability to do things at stage end, ideally wirelessly.

I am wondering what are the options here, if there are any at all?

I have a Tablet PC, which I currently use for Hog PC. I simply use an Ethernet Cable from the Tablet PC to a DP2000. And it works great.

But I am wondering if it would be possible to use the Wireless Card in the PC to wirlessly do something - and then have something connected to the DP to receive it?

Can anyone advise on their experiences with this area of things?

Cheers
Neil
Parents
  • I don't recommend using a wireless connection between the show server and the DPs. It's OK to join another console (or copy of 3PC) to the show network for remote focus or rehearsals, but for live shows you'll want the reliability of a wired connection.

So, network together your DP2000, a PC running Hog3PC and setup as the show server, and a wireless access point. Then, you can join the tablet PC to the show wirelessly.
  • I don't recommend using a wireless connection between the show server and the DPs. It's OK to join another console (or copy of 3PC) to the show network for remote focus or rehearsals, but for live shows you'll want the reliability of a wired connection.

So, network together your DP2000, a PC running Hog3PC and setup as the show server, and a wireless access point. Then, you can join the tablet PC to the show wirelessly.
Children
No Data
Related