Odd crash and recovery behavior tonight

Running 3.1.5
Hog 3
1 Playback Wing
1 DP2000
2 External Monitors

Doing some programming tonight (nothing too intensive). Working with effects, triggering chases, etc. Console slowed down to about 6 second lag responses for page changes, play cues, etc.

After about 3 minutes of that, I decided to go for a reboot. When I did a Pig+Release, desktop froze. After about 30 seconds I got a exception error popup. Did Pig+Open+Backspace to get the processes and everything was "running." Chose "QUIT" and restarted the console.

When the console came back up, all of my playback faders were completely re-arranged on the pages. Thinking it was odd, I decided to try and rebuild them. I tried "List 99 (ADH) move [choose master 2]" - command line showed the correct syntax, but List 212 (Butterflies) went to the fader! HUH? Deleted and tried again...again, checking the command line. Same thing.

I did a full power cycle of the system and the console came back to the original state (with the correct layout on the faders)...even moving List 99 to fader 2 like I tried before.

Seems to be running ok for now, but thought it was rather interesting.

Jon
Parents
  • I agree Joe...

When it first happened, Autobackup was enabled. As soon as I started having issues, after the frist reboot, I checked there after seeing Eric's posts about Autobackup and disabled it. That's also when I noticed the fader/list issue.

The second reboot seemed to have cleared things out. I didn't have any issues on Friday night when I was back in the venue with about the same amount of programming/show checks.

LIke you said, hopefully it was a one-time issue, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

J
  • I agree Joe...

When it first happened, Autobackup was enabled. As soon as I started having issues, after the frist reboot, I checked there after seeing Eric's posts about Autobackup and disabled it. That's also when I noticed the fader/list issue.

The second reboot seemed to have cleared things out. I didn't have any issues on Friday night when I was back in the venue with about the same amount of programming/show checks.

LIke you said, hopefully it was a one-time issue, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

J
Children
No Data
Related