HOG IPC OR ROADHOG?

All is in title!
If you were me, what do you buy? And why?
Thanx!

Youri
Parents
  • A large advantage of having the Ethernet port is the ability to do remote focus.
    A laptop on a wireless network can be used. The PC software is free to use in this manner.

Another reason for Ethernet is to have more then one console on a network. If you are ever crunched for time or just have an extremely large show, you may want to bring more programmers based off the same show file. Is that what you mean by Worlds?

Network backup is on the future list of functions.

All the consoles use the same software. They are all different hardware bases. My understanding is that the IPC will continue to get all the available updates as they come out.

I imagine that the IPC was discontinued based on newer hardware with more power coming out. Thats just my guess tough. An HES rep would know the real reason.

The Ethernet was a big deal for me specifically. I generally don't have a guy to run the desk well I focus, so the ability to walk around with a tablet pc or a netbook or my phone was very important.
  • A large advantage of having the Ethernet port is the ability to do remote focus.
    A laptop on a wireless network can be used. The PC software is free to use in this manner.

Another reason for Ethernet is to have more then one console on a network. If you are ever crunched for time or just have an extremely large show, you may want to bring more programmers based off the same show file. Is that what you mean by Worlds?

Network backup is on the future list of functions.

All the consoles use the same software. They are all different hardware bases. My understanding is that the IPC will continue to get all the available updates as they come out.

I imagine that the IPC was discontinued based on newer hardware with more power coming out. Thats just my guess tough. An HES rep would know the real reason.

The Ethernet was a big deal for me specifically. I generally don't have a guy to run the desk well I focus, so the ability to walk around with a tablet pc or a netbook or my phone was very important.
Children
No Data
Related