Problem installing 3.1.5 on vista

After about 90% of the install is complete I get a message that reads,

An error occured during the instalation of assembly component
{9BAE13A2-E7AF-D6C3-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}
HRESULT: 0x800736FD.

I'm running vista home premium 32bit with all firewalls and UAC off during the download and install.
What am I not seeing :confused:

Much thanks for your input
Parents
  • sure:

technically, it's not 3PC that's failing to install - it's one of the pieces of software that gets installed alongside, so, no, you wouldn't see any reference to 3PC in your CBS.log

it is odd that your CBS.log has grown that large without being split off into archives - to identify where the latest logging session begins, search from the bottom up for "Starting TrustedInstaller initialization"

once you've found the latest session, which could easily be ~6000 lines, either post that, or read through the logged failures searching for "(F)" - the most useful information will come from the CSI sections.

also, it might be worth taking a look at FilterList.log to see if you recognize anything to be virus/malware protection that may be causing the (F)'s when servicing these components.
  • sure:

technically, it's not 3PC that's failing to install - it's one of the pieces of software that gets installed alongside, so, no, you wouldn't see any reference to 3PC in your CBS.log

it is odd that your CBS.log has grown that large without being split off into archives - to identify where the latest logging session begins, search from the bottom up for "Starting TrustedInstaller initialization"

once you've found the latest session, which could easily be ~6000 lines, either post that, or read through the logged failures searching for "(F)" - the most useful information will come from the CSI sections.

also, it might be worth taking a look at FilterList.log to see if you recognize anything to be virus/malware protection that may be causing the (F)'s when servicing these components.
Children
No Data
Related