Problem installing 3.1.5 on vista

After about 90% of the install is complete I get a message that reads,

An error occured during the instalation of assembly component
{9BAE13A2-E7AF-D6C3-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}
HRESULT: 0x800736FD.

I'm running vista home premium 32bit with all firewalls and UAC off during the download and install.
What am I not seeing :confused:

Much thanks for your input
Parents
  • your CBS log being empty sounds like the 3PC installer is getting caught somewhere between preparing to install this additional software and actually installing this additional software.

just to rule it out, try installing the VC Runtime, manually from:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

you won't be given any indication of success, but you'll know right away if there's an error.

after that's been ruled out, determine why the 3PC installer is failing:
    basic instructions [post=19356]here[/post]; replace Hog2PC_3-4-3-123.msi with Hog3PC-Win32-golden_3-1-5-2725.msi

i'd be quite curious to see the results - please do .zip or .pdf the resulting log and post it.

if:
    you can manually install the VC Runtime
    your logs confirm that the 3PC installer is otherwise functioning correctly
    then:

as a very last resort, it is possible to configure the 3PC installer to skip the failing components:

extract to your desktop 2725-NoVcrMerge.mst from the attached .zip file, set up a command prompt using the above instructions, and use the command
    [code]msiexec/i Hog3PC-Win32-golden_3-1-5-2725.msi TRANSFORMS=2725-NoVcrMerge.mst /l*xv 2725-NoVcrMerge.txt[/code]
  • your CBS log being empty sounds like the 3PC installer is getting caught somewhere between preparing to install this additional software and actually installing this additional software.

just to rule it out, try installing the VC Runtime, manually from:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

you won't be given any indication of success, but you'll know right away if there's an error.

after that's been ruled out, determine why the 3PC installer is failing:
    basic instructions [post=19356]here[/post]; replace Hog2PC_3-4-3-123.msi with Hog3PC-Win32-golden_3-1-5-2725.msi

i'd be quite curious to see the results - please do .zip or .pdf the resulting log and post it.

if:
    you can manually install the VC Runtime
    your logs confirm that the 3PC installer is otherwise functioning correctly
    then:

as a very last resort, it is possible to configure the 3PC installer to skip the failing components:

extract to your desktop 2725-NoVcrMerge.mst from the attached .zip file, set up a command prompt using the above instructions, and use the command
    [code]msiexec/i Hog3PC-Win32-golden_3-1-5-2725.msi TRANSFORMS=2725-NoVcrMerge.mst /l*xv 2725-NoVcrMerge.txt[/code]
Children
No Data
Related