Hog 3 and Wysiwyg connectivity questions

A few questions that if answered might help with my current insanity from trying every combination of getting wysiwyg and hog 3 to talk.

1. Can you run the visualiser (wysiwyg) and hog 3 pc on same computer?

2. my current setup:
xp servicepack 3
wysiwyg version 23,
I've installed hog 3 pc (current version)
I've installed hog 3 connectivity driver.
Is this all correct or are there compatibility issues?

3.Is there a preferred order of software setup?
I have been opening wysiwyg which triggers virtual dp / connectivity driver
( set to port 6600, user number 1 )
My show has 9 vl2500's patched,
the device in the device manager is hog3 dp
the universe is bound to universe A,

4. Is there something in dp8000 patch or dmx setup or ip of desk or port settings that i need to worry about

At the moment The Wholehog III DP window always says Locating Wholehog III Net-work but never locates it, wysiwyg will not connect either

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Mick

P.s. i have read everything in forums and wysiwyg and high end manuals i could get my hands on and couldnt figure it out
Parents
  • Thanks Kurtis, here are answers from wysiwyg themselves:

A few questions that if answered might help with my current insanity from trying every combination of getting wysiwyg and hog 3 to talk.

Dany Tancou: Unfortunately, no. The ehternet loopback adapter that HighEnd provides is not compatible for this connection. As such, Hog 3PC and WYSIWYG must run on separate computers. If either (or both) computers have multiple network adapters (for example, wired and wireless), I strongly recommend disabling the adapter(s) that will not be used for the connection itself. The connectivity driver still uses an old version of the WYSIWYG SDK, and most of the time it cannot tell different network connections apart so it tries to use all of them at once, which of course fails.

2. my current setup:
    xp servicepack 3
    wysiwyg version 23,
    Dany Tancou: It is all correct and there should be no compatibility issues whatsoever, assuming that you are using the latest system software for the console and the latest connectivity driver (currently 3.1.5 for both), all available from the Flying Pig support website, www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/, via the "Hog 3PC Current Release Software" and "Visualizer Connectivity" links.

Dany Tancou: Yes: on the console, you must have a showfile loaded even before you start WYSIWYG. In WYSIWYG's Device Manager, in the console's properties, you must enter the virtual DP user number (in your case 1) into the Address field.

4. Is there something in dp8000 patch
    Dany Tancou: No.

or dmx setup
    [Dany Tancou] No.

or ip of desk
    Dany Tancou: Yes: the two computers (or the cosole and the WYSIWYG computer) must be in the same subnet. For example, if your computer's IP address is 192.168.1.1 and its Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0, your console's IP address should have the same first three numbers (i.e. 192.168.1), the last number should be different (in this case any number between 2 and 253 will work) and its Subnet Mask should also be 255.255.255.0.

or port settings that i need to worry about
    Dany Tancou Yes: ideally, the Windows Firewall and/or any other software firewall that may be running on (either) computer should be disabled. You may also be able to create a firewall exception for port 6600, but my understanding from users is that doesn't always work for some reason.

At the moment The Wholehog III DP window always says Locating Wholehog III Net-work but never locates it, wysiwyg will not connect either
  • Thanks Kurtis, here are answers from wysiwyg themselves:

Dany Tancou: Unfortunately, no. The ehternet loopback adapter that HighEnd provides is not compatible for this connection. As such, Hog 3PC and WYSIWYG must run on separate computers. If either (or both) computers have multiple network adapters (for example, wired and wireless), I strongly recommend disabling the adapter(s) that will not be used for the connection itself. The connectivity driver still uses an old version of the WYSIWYG SDK, and most of the time it cannot tell different network connections apart so it tries to use all of them at once, which of course fails.

2. my current setup:
    xp servicepack 3
    wysiwyg version 23,
    Dany Tancou: It is all correct and there should be no compatibility issues whatsoever, assuming that you are using the latest system software for the console and the latest connectivity driver (currently 3.1.5 for both), all available from the Flying Pig support website, www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/, via the "Hog 3PC Current Release Software" and "Visualizer Connectivity" links.

Dany Tancou: Yes: on the console, you must have a showfile loaded even before you start WYSIWYG. In WYSIWYG's Device Manager, in the console's properties, you must enter the virtual DP user number (in your case 1) into the Address field.

4. Is there something in dp8000 patch
    Dany Tancou: No.

or dmx setup
    [Dany Tancou] No.

or ip of desk
    Dany Tancou: Yes: the two computers (or the cosole and the WYSIWYG computer) must be in the same subnet. For example, if your computer's IP address is 192.168.1.1 and its Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0, your console's IP address should have the same first three numbers (i.e. 192.168.1), the last number should be different (in this case any number between 2 and 253 will work) and its Subnet Mask should also be 255.255.255.0.

or port settings that i need to worry about
    Dany Tancou Yes: ideally, the Windows Firewall and/or any other software firewall that may be running on (either) computer should be disabled. You may also be able to create a firewall exception for port 6600, but my understanding from users is that doesn't always work for some reason.

Children
No Data
Related