IPC boot error

Have an IPC out on rental, my client cant boot the desk up. They are getting an error after the IPC splash screen: IP config pane-win32-golden.exe. Any thoughts, I have never encountered this and am not able to get a tech to the desk.
Parents
  • I had the same issue about a month ago on a IPC. Kept going to that error screen on boot up. We also started to have the secondary screen drop out. Re-seated the graphics card and all was happy once again.

Cleared the boot error and worked fine on tour for another month.

One thing that I'm not sure about was before I reseated the graphics card I tried pressing Pig + Open during the boot sequence and it seemed to bypass the error screen and boot normally. I'm not sure if this was just luck that the error didn't come up that time or whether I was actually doing something.

A suggestion might be to swap the right-angle pci slot adapter for a ribbon version to prevent the card becoming unseated during transport. I saw this done in the indigo and proved to be a good solution.
  • I had the same issue about a month ago on a IPC. Kept going to that error screen on boot up. We also started to have the secondary screen drop out. Re-seated the graphics card and all was happy once again.

Cleared the boot error and worked fine on tour for another month.

One thing that I'm not sure about was before I reseated the graphics card I tried pressing Pig + Open during the boot sequence and it seemed to bypass the error screen and boot normally. I'm not sure if this was just luck that the error didn't come up that time or whether I was actually doing something.

A suggestion might be to swap the right-angle pci slot adapter for a ribbon version to prevent the card becoming unseated during transport. I saw this done in the indigo and proved to be a good solution.
Children
No Data
Related