Two DMX sources, 1 Output, can I use a DMX splitter

So I have some questions on the use of a DMX splitter. I have two sources of DMX for my RIG, Hog PC, and a Hog Desk. Can I hook up both sources to a DMX splitter, and then output to 1 single output at the same time? Or would both units counter-act each other and cause DMX hell? I am trying to run some cues off of the Laptop, and then be able to switch to the Desk, without hooking, un-hooking tables DMX cables, is this possible?
Parents
  • Ahh okay, A DMX merger.

I did not know if you could actually do that with a splitter. I am running My WholeHog iPC, and laptop (Hog PC) on Ethernet with a DP2000. I just did not want to mention the "other source" which only runs DMX, which I use to run my rig with (not a Hog OS... :nono:)...

I still have some shows programmed into to a older system, and have not yet re-created the shows to Wholehog system yet. So I was looking for a quick, and dirty way to incorporate all three devices, without switching cables. HTP sounds like it would really mess with my LED, and conventioal lighting without some extra programming!

Well, Guess I should just get off my lazy butt, and finish the conversion of shows to WholeHog!

Thanks again for all of the info!!!
  • Ahh okay, A DMX merger.

I did not know if you could actually do that with a splitter. I am running My WholeHog iPC, and laptop (Hog PC) on Ethernet with a DP2000. I just did not want to mention the "other source" which only runs DMX, which I use to run my rig with (not a Hog OS... :nono:)...

I still have some shows programmed into to a older system, and have not yet re-created the shows to Wholehog system yet. So I was looking for a quick, and dirty way to incorporate all three devices, without switching cables. HTP sounds like it would really mess with my LED, and conventioal lighting without some extra programming!

Well, Guess I should just get off my lazy butt, and finish the conversion of shows to WholeHog!

Thanks again for all of the info!!!
Children
No Data
Related