Two DMX sources, 1 Output, can I use a DMX splitter

So I have some questions on the use of a DMX splitter. I have two sources of DMX for my RIG, Hog PC, and a Hog Desk. Can I hook up both sources to a DMX splitter, and then output to 1 single output at the same time? Or would both units counter-act each other and cause DMX hell? I am trying to run some cues off of the Laptop, and then be able to switch to the Desk, without hooking, un-hooking tables DMX cables, is this possible?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Misebeam;46326]Ahh okay, A DMX merger.

I did not know if you could actually do that with a splitter. I am running My WholeHog iPC, and laptop (Hog PC) on Ethernet with a DP2000. I just did not want to mention the "other source" which only runs DMX, which I use to run my rig with (not a Hog OS... :nono:)...

Do you mean there is another desk in the mix? Or that your fixtures would speak HogNet?

If you only have the iPC and PC as consoles then the HogNet thing will still work. It would still be the iPC outputting the DMX, but the laptop would be a client to show show via the network so that you can make changes to positions etc with your laptop instead of the console.

Best Regards,
  • [QUOTE=Misebeam;46326]Ahh okay, A DMX merger.

I did not know if you could actually do that with a splitter. I am running My WholeHog iPC, and laptop (Hog PC) on Ethernet with a DP2000. I just did not want to mention the "other source" which only runs DMX, which I use to run my rig with (not a Hog OS... :nono:)...

Do you mean there is another desk in the mix? Or that your fixtures would speak HogNet?

If you only have the iPC and PC as consoles then the HogNet thing will still work. It would still be the iPC outputting the DMX, but the laptop would be a client to show show via the network so that you can make changes to positions etc with your laptop instead of the console.

Best Regards,
Children
No Data
Related