Patch Window

Hi,
Is it possible in the fixture patch window at the bottom of each universe where it shows the next available dmx channel to have it show you the next available dmx channel in the whole universe, not just at the very end. (or maybe show both)
Or even better; If you mouseover the white area as described below, a tooltip appears showing the available range in the white (unused) block you have moused over?

For example, sometimes I patch some fixtures all the way at the end of the universe (400-500 range) but when I go to patch other fixtures, it won't show me what is available in the lower range.
I see the white block between the blue sections, but there is no way to figure out what address range is not used in there.

Also, It might be helpful to have a column in the patch window to show the dip switch values (ex. 1,3,5,8).
Especially helpful when printing the patch sheet and going around to address the fixtures. If it printed the dip switch values in a column it would be so easy to address those fixtures.
I had this on my last console and it was very useful.

Also, In the cuelist window, on the Road Hog, the display names should wrap to the next line since they get cut off and you can't read what the lists actually do.

Thanks!
Parents
  • Hi Brad,
    I understand that most fixtures now have digital displays, but I know that most strobes and fixtures like that still have dip switches. When your going around addressing a bunch of strobes, this would be nice to have it printed on the patch sheet.

What about just making a toggle button at the top of the patch window to turn on/off displaying dip switches?
    Then whoever wants to see it can, and set the default to have them not displayed?
    It doesn't seem like it would be to hard to code.
    I have attached a screenshot of what I am explaining, does that make sense?

About the Road Hog list display text wrapping, I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like on Hog3PC and what it looks like on the Road Hog.

Do you see what I mean now?
    This is probably more of a bug than a feature request.
    It would be even better if we could have the name wrap to three lines.

Thanks!
  • Hi Brad,
    I understand that most fixtures now have digital displays, but I know that most strobes and fixtures like that still have dip switches. When your going around addressing a bunch of strobes, this would be nice to have it printed on the patch sheet.

What about just making a toggle button at the top of the patch window to turn on/off displaying dip switches?
    Then whoever wants to see it can, and set the default to have them not displayed?
    It doesn't seem like it would be to hard to code.
    I have attached a screenshot of what I am explaining, does that make sense?

About the Road Hog list display text wrapping, I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like on Hog3PC and what it looks like on the Road Hog.

Do you see what I mean now?
    This is probably more of a bug than a feature request.
    It would be even better if we could have the name wrap to three lines.

Thanks!
Children
No Data
Related