Hog in a theater

I have had a lot of discussions about Hog in a (repertory) theater here in Finland and a few requests pop out everytime.

The most important request is search function.
What are the cues where my fixtures are?
A tracking sheet for single fixture would also help a lot.

Also people would like to see easy blocking cues.
Making a blocking cue is an easy thing, but in a theater where the set is much bigger than the set actually used in a play, things get big complicated.
There's no point to record every fixture in a theater in the blocking cue. That is just a lot of unnecessary data in your cues.
A one solution could be somekind of automatic blocking cue, which adds dimmers at zero to new channels which are added before blocking cue.
I'm not sure, but it could be also useful to add new fixtures (added before blocking cue) and their values as default values in the blocking cue.
One problem with blocking cue is the outfading fixtures before the blocking cue. Many times, I have hoped there would be an auto delay button which adds a delay=intensity fade to other parameters. So, there fixtures fade out and change the gobos and color after that.

I hope this makes sense... any thoughts?
Parents
  • Once again...

I don't know anything about Lightpalette (or Obsession)...during last 15 years I've used only Hogs, GMAs and Compulite Vector.

I know putting your scenes in different list is a way to prevent tracking from scene to another.

But, we tend you use a single list for a play...it is just much more simple to run and rehearse. Other lists are used mainly for videos, chases and some FX.

A scene usually starts with a blocking cue and it has the main elements of what the scene is going to be and its purpose is to take care that scene doesn't take tracked data from earlier scenes. If the blocking cue is a BO...then there's a possibility that a scene ends there...
    But when the play is in a rehearse state, there's some unsure things.
    What are the fixtures we are going to use? Is there fixtures that are supposed to track from scene to another?
    The reason why I'm asking an automatic blocking cue is because
    Many times several fixtures are added before blocking cue and they are tracked through cause they are not recorded there.
    Why they are not recorded there? Because it was impossible to know the final amount of fixtures and there's no point to record hundreds of unnecessary dimmer channels and fixtures to a blocking cue.
    An example:
    My scene starts with one fixture on and the fixtures from the play that I know are off. Automatic blocking takes care, when more fixtures are added in cues before, they stay off in the blocking cue.

But after all this is not a big issue...

The top request is still the search function.
  • Once again...

I don't know anything about Lightpalette (or Obsession)...during last 15 years I've used only Hogs, GMAs and Compulite Vector.

I know putting your scenes in different list is a way to prevent tracking from scene to another.

But, we tend you use a single list for a play...it is just much more simple to run and rehearse. Other lists are used mainly for videos, chases and some FX.

A scene usually starts with a blocking cue and it has the main elements of what the scene is going to be and its purpose is to take care that scene doesn't take tracked data from earlier scenes. If the blocking cue is a BO...then there's a possibility that a scene ends there...
    But when the play is in a rehearse state, there's some unsure things.
    What are the fixtures we are going to use? Is there fixtures that are supposed to track from scene to another?
    The reason why I'm asking an automatic blocking cue is because
    Many times several fixtures are added before blocking cue and they are tracked through cause they are not recorded there.
    Why they are not recorded there? Because it was impossible to know the final amount of fixtures and there's no point to record hundreds of unnecessary dimmer channels and fixtures to a blocking cue.
    An example:
    My scene starts with one fixture on and the fixtures from the play that I know are off. Automatic blocking takes care, when more fixtures are added in cues before, they stay off in the blocking cue.

But after all this is not a big issue...

The top request is still the search function.
Children
No Data
Related