iPad Hog III remote?

Anybody get something working with the full native resolution of the iPad? Working on trying to Remote Desktop to iPC on windows laptop...

Was just curious if anyone has tried this yet.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=soundtechblake;55130]any news on this would be really handy
    Seconded.

It may seem like simply a novelty feature, some might even say a frivilous one, but putting it on the back-burner because its proven difficult to implement may be costly.

I think it's features like this that sell consoles. It's undeniably the way all computer-based technology is headed (wireless/portable), and let's face it, we all wanna stand on stage elegantly and gracefully pivoting our phones to guide lamps in on top of us, while envious noiseboys look on. As it stands it's difficult not to envy the Chamsys guys, who have almost all the functionality we crave, on a relative shoestring.

This post was originally only one word long (see top) but while I'm thinking about it, why isn't there any wholehog network hardware? Like a wireless router (in anodized blue featuring airborne mammal motif, obviously). Maybe integrate it into a dmx widget (super-duper widget?). Throw in linear timecode and you've got something good going on (uber-super-duper widget?) I'll only charge ya 5% if ya go with it.

Anyway since you seem to have control via the dmx protocol basically sussed and sorted, I can imagine most future R&D having at least some network element. I know the DP8000 handles artnet beautifully, but there are so many more possibilities with that little ethernet port. For example, can ya fill me in on the timeline for releasing a console that has a built in webcam and comms port so I can do gigs from home? Preferably more than one gig at a time, ya gotta take them when they come! (That one's definitely worth 10% by the way)

Sorry that's more than enough for my fourth post, I should say I love my hog because it's the best programming system and playback environment available, and it looks *** hot! It's just that I can't stop wanting more....
  • [QUOTE=soundtechblake;55130]any news on this would be really handy
    Seconded.

It may seem like simply a novelty feature, some might even say a frivilous one, but putting it on the back-burner because its proven difficult to implement may be costly.

I think it's features like this that sell consoles. It's undeniably the way all computer-based technology is headed (wireless/portable), and let's face it, we all wanna stand on stage elegantly and gracefully pivoting our phones to guide lamps in on top of us, while envious noiseboys look on. As it stands it's difficult not to envy the Chamsys guys, who have almost all the functionality we crave, on a relative shoestring.

This post was originally only one word long (see top) but while I'm thinking about it, why isn't there any wholehog network hardware? Like a wireless router (in anodized blue featuring airborne mammal motif, obviously). Maybe integrate it into a dmx widget (super-duper widget?). Throw in linear timecode and you've got something good going on (uber-super-duper widget?) I'll only charge ya 5% if ya go with it.

Anyway since you seem to have control via the dmx protocol basically sussed and sorted, I can imagine most future R&D having at least some network element. I know the DP8000 handles artnet beautifully, but there are so many more possibilities with that little ethernet port. For example, can ya fill me in on the timeline for releasing a console that has a built in webcam and comms port so I can do gigs from home? Preferably more than one gig at a time, ya gotta take them when they come! (That one's definitely worth 10% by the way)

Sorry that's more than enough for my fourth post, I should say I love my hog because it's the best programming system and playback environment available, and it looks *** hot! It's just that I can't stop wanting more....
Children
No Data
Related