Wholehog III & DP-2000 Issues

Have a Wholehog III with version 3.1.5 software that doesn't seem to be recognizing a DP-2000.

Had 1 older show file (DP-2000 format) and 1 new show file (DP-8000 format). Merged the old show into the new show file. (Merging the new into the old didn't work.) Of course now in the patch it lists 1 DP-8000. Everything is patched fine on the first 2 universes of the DP-8000 and I have been programming in WYG fine.

I take the console onto the show site where we have a DP-2000. I clone the first 2 universes of the DP-8000 to the DP-2000. However, I can't get output from the DP-2000.

I am running default IP settings with DHCP enabled. DP-2000 is FOH with no switch or hub, just a short crossover cable. Ports and Net numbers are the same. When I go into the network settings it shows the DP-2000 as found but in the column for used it says no. It lists the mac and IP address for the DP-2000 so it appears to be seeing it, but both the DP-2000 and the Network dialog in the Hog III list the DP-2000 as idle after the showfile is opened. For a split second when the showfile is opened the DP-2000 is listed as being used then it switched to idle and the column for used switches to no.

The DP-8000 is listed as yes in the found column but the rest of the info for it is blank. I have tried keeping the patch in the DP-8000 and unpatching it completely, but neither seems to help.

The console has been used recently older show files fine, so the DP-2000 is working, it just seems that for some reason that running a DP-8000 format show on the DP-2000 is not working as simply as it should. Normally it would seem cloning the universe(s) does the trick. I am stumped and would appreciate whatever help people can provide. Thanks.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates
Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related