Hog3 vs. RHFB

Hi guys.

I'm a fairly new hog user.
I've looked at the different consoles, and can't seem to see the big differences between the hog 3 console, and the Road Hog Full Boar.

I've have a tour coming up, where I need a hog 3 console, so if there is no big difference on the consoles, why should i pay more for the hog 3?

And a quick side question, have anyone succesfully swapped the hdd with an ssd drive?

Thanks

Niklas
Parents
  • There are a few differences, but when it comes down to it...not a whole lot.

H3:
    Rate Wheel
    Intensity Wheel
    "Different" encoders
    Color Changing LED worklights
    Storage Drawer in wrist wrest
    Buttons around monitors for quick access to views/page info
    Moveable screen angle
    Linux Base

RHFB:
    Artnet Out direct (w/o DP8000)
    SMPTE Direct (w/o LTC Widget)
    Less Price
    USB Storage
    Windows XP Embedded
    Crotch light :poke:

Those are the MAJOR differences that I can think of off the top of my head.

For me, I like the encoders on the H3 more than the RH/RHFB (not sure what it is, but I just do).

I like having the option of going "blue" on my little lights for those "dark" shows.

When I'm on a RHFB, I miss the buttons for views, etc. If I hadn't had the H3, I might not miss them.

I'm also a fan of the intensity wheel on the H3.

But there are times, if I want LTC, I don't like to have to pull out the widget to get it into the H3.

It's little things and completely dependent on how you work as to whether or not you'll see a difference.

My 2 cents...
  • There are a few differences, but when it comes down to it...not a whole lot.

H3:
    Rate Wheel
    Intensity Wheel
    "Different" encoders
    Color Changing LED worklights
    Storage Drawer in wrist wrest
    Buttons around monitors for quick access to views/page info
    Moveable screen angle
    Linux Base

RHFB:
    Artnet Out direct (w/o DP8000)
    SMPTE Direct (w/o LTC Widget)
    Less Price
    USB Storage
    Windows XP Embedded
    Crotch light :poke:

Those are the MAJOR differences that I can think of off the top of my head.

For me, I like the encoders on the H3 more than the RH/RHFB (not sure what it is, but I just do).

I like having the option of going "blue" on my little lights for those "dark" shows.

When I'm on a RHFB, I miss the buttons for views, etc. If I hadn't had the H3, I might not miss them.

I'm also a fan of the intensity wheel on the H3.

But there are times, if I want LTC, I don't like to have to pull out the widget to get it into the H3.

It's little things and completely dependent on how you work as to whether or not you'll see a difference.

My 2 cents...
Children
No Data
Related